RIGHT FRONT out hellllp!

Dubb
Dubb Posts: 6
edited March 2009 in Car Audio & Electronics
:confused: i installed my new MM6501's in my 2007 dakota. it was just a sawp of the stock 6's it worked for a little but then the front right door stoped making sound. i checked the speaker and its fine, fuses fine, and yes its not the balence could anyone help?
Post edited by Dubb on

Comments

• Dubb
    edited March 2009
  • unrealii
    unrealii Posts: 268
    edited March 2009
    Did you wire them with the crossover? Which speaker is not working, the mid range driver or the tweeter? Did you try plugging the old speaker back in?
    LSIm system on order =D

Currently listening to innovation...

Prior car systems:
    Nissan Maxima - Eclipse CD5030, Eclipse HDR109 HD Receiver, Eclipse PA5422, Eclipse PA5532, Polk SR 6500 (Front), Polk DB6510 (Rear), Image Dymanics IDQ10, active x-over setup
    Toyota MR2 - Eclipse CD5030, Eclipse HDR109 HD Receiver, Blaupunkt THA 555, Polk SR6500
  • Dubb
    edited March 2009
    yeah i currently have the crossover set up, and the left side sounds great..but still nothing from the right....tryed all speakers on both doors...they all work for the left...and its the whole setup not just the mid on the right side....im almost thinking its a short maybe somewhere:confused:..i used a voltmeter and there is juice comin thru and im pretty shure it would explain the soft ringing coming from the left but only for a sec and a bit of small static comes out the speaker.
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited March 2009
    Yup, sounds like something is shorting to ground somewhere. Try swapping the left and right speaker wires at the amp. If the right side is still not playing then you know the problem is downstream from the amp. Take a run of speaker wire and run it straight to the right side speaker from the amp and see if it kicks off. If so, pull out all the old wire and re-run it.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • Dubb
    edited March 2009
    but there in lies the prob, its all stock...im starting small and working according to the economy lol, theres no amp just runs from the deck(?)