If it looks like a duck...

Options
jrausch
jrausch Posts: 510
edited February 28 in Clubhouse Archives
This was the guy trying to sell the PSaudio amp for next to nothing. Looks like no one bought into his god fearing Christian ways. What amazes me is that this auction was a blatant in your face scam and E-bay will do nothing to stop it.

http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=boemhslev
"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it."
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• faster100
    faster100 Posts: 6,124
    edited February 2003
    Options
    do you think e-bay watches each and every auction personally?
    i'f not brought to their attention they can't act, read the rules and regs, e-bay is a venue for buyers and sellers ie:auction house if you will, and have no control over sellers validity of what they sell or their honesty.. I have sold for 4 years and when you have a problem they will take care of it when its within their rights and limits..
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • faster100
    faster100 Posts: 6,124
    edited February 2003
    Options
    and how was it a blatant scam?? besides the seller haveing no positives and 3 negatives, the bidders knew that beforehand and the chance for a "great" deal clouded their thoughts of it being a scam for it selling "so" cheap.. it works both ways, if it looks to good to be true it most likely is.. cardinal rule on e-bay, Buy from reputive sellers with large positive feedback ratings and length of time as a seller for large purchases.. I say all this not to attack you personally beleive me, But i get tired of all the "e-bay bashing" when people don't know the facts or personally read some of the rules to follow.. Fact: e-bay has scams and bad sellers and buyers, fact: common sense helps as if you were buying from anyone, e-bay or local, personal,yard sales,flea markets, so on......... just my 2 cents
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp