amp hookup

fatbrak
fatbrak Posts: 1
edited February 2003 in Car Audio & Electronics
Can someone instruct me on the proper way to hook up my system in my car. I have a 1996 Nissan Maxima. I need to install a pair of Polk EX365 in the rear deck and a pair of Polk EX3550 in the front doors with a the head unit and a ten inch sub.....but I want to do all of this with just one 4 channel amp. Trying to keep it simple.....is this possible?
Post edited by fatbrak on

Comments

• PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited February 2003
    well dude there's two ways you can try this...

1) run your speakers off yoru head unit... run an a 2 or 4 channel or mono amp for your single 10" subwoofer.

or, my personal choice...

2) run your subwoofer off the bridged rear stage of your 4 ch amp... run your speakers parallelled down to a 2 ohm load (left and right respectively) off the front stage... so you're left front and rear speaker will both hook up to the "front left" output of the amp... right front and rear go to the "front right" output of hte amp.

my grandfather's pickup is done this way -- used a 4 channel that's 70 x 4 rms at 4 ohms / 105-110 x 4 at 2 ohms... so he's getting like 210+ to the sub and half of 105-110 = 50-55 to each speaker. works nice except you have no fader (front to rear balance) control.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge