Not actually a car...

rjordanglad
rjordanglad Posts: 2
edited April 2009 in Car Audio & Electronics
So, I am looking into speakers for my bike (not a motorcycle, a pedal bike) and can't find anything ecept the iH85. I'm wondering where a good place too look is, because I can't get anywere. I'm not talented enough myself to make something custom, but I know people that can take something close. I'm not too worried about weight, it would go on my commuting bike, and I have outragiously buff legs :p

I realize that this isn't a bike forum, or a bike speaker forum, so here's some extra info

-Mostly interested in something with aux, and nothing that requires a car battery like those kids in NY.
-I have a carrier for above my back wheel where i can put stuff.
-It's an old JC Penny bike, it's ok to mess around with.

Thanks in advance, and sorry if this is spam :(
Post edited by rjordanglad on

Comments

• Airplay355
    Airplay355 Posts: 4,298
    edited March 2009
    Just wondering, but why do you want to put speakers on your bike? Why not just use an ipod and headphones? It would certainly sound better.
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited March 2009
    I'm with airplay...I hadn't heard of the iH85 until now, but it seems like your only viable option...besides headphones.
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited March 2009
    Riding a bicycle with headphones isn't the best option from a safety standpoint.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • rjordanglad
    rjordanglad Posts: 2
    edited April 2009
    Thanks for the input =)
    Headphones don't let you hear other things, not safe. For now I've put some sony portable speakers in some bottle cages I put on my handlebars, but they eat up the battery way fast and then the speakers cut out alot. I'm looking into ways to generate power by pedaling, but so far I can only find that on stationaries.

If someone knows about some good portable speakers that have a long lasting life, or a kind of powersource that I can put on the back, that would be helpfull.

There are only 3 products i can find that are bike speakers, and they all stink and are way overpriced. It's deffinetly a good market, because I know of many instances worldwide where people put poor quality, homemade systems on their bike for "critical mass" rides. So if Polk, or anyone else, started making quality speakers for bikes, it would pay off bigtime (hoping that some powerfull executive will read this).