need MW6511 driver

Options
mopar paul
mopar paul Posts: 277
edited March 2009 in Wanted (WTB) Classifieds
Hey guys, looking for a MW6511 for my polks. Want a factory original unless the replacements look exactly like the original. Would by more than 1 if you have it, as well as some MW6503's. Thanks, appreciate it!!
Post edited by mopar paul on

Comments

• zarrdoss
    zarrdoss Posts: 2,562
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Good luck, a bunch of people are looking for vintage 6511 myself included, And no the new ones you get from Polk dont look exactly like the vintage ones.
  • thsmith
    thsmith Posts: 6,082
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I bought a new one and found it does look like the original, close though. I bought a spare 6510 and 6511 off ebay. they come up from time to time. Keep an eye out there and here.
    Speakers: SDA-1C (most all the goodies)
    Preamp: Joule Electra LA-150 MKII SE
    Amp: Wright WPA 50-50 EAT KT88s
    Analog: Marantz TT-15S1 MBS Glider SL| Wright WPP100C Amperex BB 6er5 and 7316 & WPM-100 SUT
    Digital: Mac mini 2.3GHz dual-core i5 8g RAM 1.5 TB HDD Music Server Amarra (memory play) - USB - W4S DAC 2
    Cables: Mits S3 IC and Spk cables| PS Audio PCs
  • zarrdoss
    edited March 2009
    Options
    The ones I got were not stickey on the cones, there were no leads visable on the outside of the cone and no cut outs for screws.
  • randyhart420
    randyhart420 Posts: 5
    edited March 2009
    Options
    for some advice on the holes where the screws go, take an exacto knife and carefully cut it out exactly as mine were cut partially out from the factory but just a little off center and i just drove in the screw and when it hit the rubber srround it nearly pulled it up from the seal twisting with the screw. or did you mean no cut outs in the metal??
  • zarrdoss
    edited March 2009
    Options
    it had holes in the metal but no cut out for the screws in the surrounds like the older drivers, so I had to take my pocket knife (very sharp) and cut it out myself so that the screws did not twist up the surround when you tightened them down.