Polk RTi70 vs. Paradigm Monitor 7

Options
TonyPTX
TonyPTX Posts: 545
edited February 2003 in Speakers
OK, I know this is a Polk forum and I'm all about Polk speakers, but I also honestly trust the knowledge this group has to offer. I've pasted a few other threads about upgrading my rig from the RM6700 series to something that sounds better in the mid-bass range w/o sounding too boomy (something the sat speakers could never do well.) Originally I had the desire to pick up some RTi70's for the front mains and use some RTi35's for the rears. But as always, before I made a commitment, I had to look at all the options. A local hi-fi shop in town (only carries American, Canadian, and European products) has a pair of Paradigm Monitor 7 speaks for a comparable price to CC's RTi70. Plus the manager would be willing to negotiate a good "price" for the 7's. The sound is very comparable to the RTi70 and one would be hard pressed to distinguish the difference between the two. Has anyone had any experience with the Paradigm Monitor 7's and Paradigm as a company in general?

Thanks for any advise in advance.
Damn....8 lines...I've gotta put my sig on a diet now....

Comments

• TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited February 2003
    Options
    I've always liked the Reference series....

The Monitor series, eh, take 'em or leave 'em. Not bad per se but I prefer the Polks.

Just MHO.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut