MM465 has poor sound

Options
Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited October 2001 in Car Audio & Electronics
I have been fooling around with the mm465s for several months now, and I can't get them to sound right. They sound flat. There is almost no mid-bass. I thought it was a power problem at first, so I upgraded from a Sony 55 x 2 ES amp to a Phoenix Gold 150 x 2 amp. No difference! I am just about ready to rip them out and throw them away. Do they need a sealed enclosure or something? I have them installed in my door and they sound horrible. Any advise? Everything in my car is top end and the speakers just will not put out. The 2 MOMO 12" subs in the trunk finally work now that I put over 600 watts to each of them. They sound great now. I would like to keep all the apeakers MOMO, but the components are giving me more trouble than they are worth.
William
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• bm8998
    bm8998 Posts: 12
    edited October 2001
    Options
    HI ! I HAD THE SAME OR SIMILAR PROBLEM. I CONNECTED EACH OF MY COMPONENTS AT LOW VOLUME, ONE AT A TIME, LISTENING FOR THE FASING TO BE CORRECT WITH EACH. SORRY CANT HELP ANY MORE!!! P.S. IF YOU DO RIP'EM OUT AND THROW THEM AWAY , LET ME KNOW FIRST!!!!