Well i have done a few things

Options
Toolfan66
Toolfan66 Posts: 16,929
edited March 2009 in The Clubhouse
I added a 2 ft. partition to my wall to spread everything out especially the speakers. I think it looks a lot better + i was able to pull the speakers out from the wall. have a few things to clean up, A few cables, finish the base board behind the right speaker where i added the 2 foot extension. I also programed the Polk audio logo, and put it to the laser today. I also turned a TT weight on the lathe. I have a TT clamp in the works as well was hoping to finish it this week.
Post edited by Toolfan66 on

Comments

• Toolfan66
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Here are a few pics.
  • Toolfan66
    edited March 2009
    Options
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,104
    edited March 2009
    Options
    nice work... you have a laser cutter?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Toolfan66
    edited March 2009
    Options
    nice work... you have a laser cutter?

Thanks. We have 2 of them at the shop, a Bistronics, and an Amada.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,104
    edited March 2009
    Options
    very cool:cool:... I would love a Jaguar sign for my garage, and I have a birthday coming up:D....
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,860
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Very nice work!!

You do know that you will need another 2 ft or so once the front projector and screen show up on your doorstep....;)
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,348
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Nice. Tool must sound much better now........
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Toolfan66
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Very nice work!!

You do know that you will need another 2 ft or so once the front projector and screen show up on your doorstep....;)

Thanks Dennis, i will have to move when that day comes.:D
  • fossy
    fossy Posts: 1,378
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Looking good in there , dang those a9's are sexy
  • Toolfan66
    edited March 2009
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Nice. Tool must sound much better now........

Much better!!!!!;)
  • metal83
    metal83 Posts: 1,219
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Dude, that looks awesome, great job! :D
  • Toolfan66
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Thanks Metal. I really did'nt think the TT weight would make that much of a change in sound,I was wrong it sounds much better. Now i want to see how the TT clamp works.
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited March 2009
    Options
    WOW...Great set up. Looks like you planned well and put a lot of time into that.

Enjoy it. I'm sure you WILL!!

cnh
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • comfortablycurt
    comfortablycurt Posts: 6,745
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Looks very nice man! That Polk sign looks cool.

There's a guy on Ebay that makes custom neon signs, I've been thinking about contacting him about making me a Polk Audio neon sign. I think it'd look good in between the black lights that I have hanging over my setup.:cool:
    The nirvana inducer-
    APC H10 Power Conditioner
    Marantz UD5005 universal player
    Parasound Halo P5 preamp
    Parasound HCA-1200II power amp
    PolkAudio LSi9's/PolkAudio SDA 2A's/PolkAudio Monitor 7A's
    Audioquest Speaker Cables and IC's
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Very nice looking setup! The metal work is very nice. Congratulations!
    Carl

• renowilliams
    renowilliams Posts: 920
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I added a 2 ft. partition to my wall to spread everything out especially the speakers. I think it looks a lot better + i was able to pull the speakers out from the wall. have a few things to clean up, A few cables, finish the base board behind the right speaker where i added the 2 foot extension. I also programed the Polk audio logo, and put it to the laser today. I also turned a TT weight on the lathe. I have a TT clamp in the works as well was hoping to finish it this week.

Looks great. How wide is the wall where you have that set up. And that is the A6 center, it does look big.
    "They're always talking about my drinking, but never mention my thirst" Oscar Wilde

Pre-Amp: Anthem AVM 20
    Amp: Carver TFM-35
    Amp: Rotel RB-870BX
    Fronts : SDA 1B w/ RDO-194s
    T.V.:Plasma TC-P54G25
    Bluray: Oppo BDP-93
    Speaker Cables: MIT Terminater
    Interconnect Cables:DH Labs Silver Sonic BL-1isonic
  • ttomp
    ttomp Posts: 181
    edited March 2009
    Options
  • Retro152
    Retro152 Posts: 985
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Wow! looks awesome, nice work Tool.:D
    Receiver: Pioneer Elite SC-05
    Amp: Emotiva Xpa-3
    Front L/R: POLK Rti-a9s':D
    Center:POLK Csi-a6
    Rear surround's:POLK Rti-a1s'
    Sub: Klipsch Synergy sub-12
    Sony Kdl-46w4100 46" LCD
    PS3
    Audioquest type 4 wiring.
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,331
    Options
    4oedmlab5azx.gif
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 5,002
    Options
    It looks like Rip Van Winkle just woke up from a long nap!
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • Toolfan66
    Options
    Guess I missed it..

Who woke up this old post?
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,696
    Options
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    Guess I missed it..

Who woke up this old post?

The same account that bumped the thread with the "Casablanca" neon sign. I don't remember the name but all of their posts seem to have been wiped away. :p
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,588
    Options
    I had them nuked!
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,466
    edited March 3
    Options
    @pitdogg2 general mood on a good day:
    ta30gpsao06t.gif
    I disabled signatures.
  • pitdogg2