Does anybody know if the 10 inch MOMO Subwoofer grille...

Jstas
Jstas Posts: 14,804
edited February 2003 in Car Audio & Electronics
...will fit a dB10?

I want to cover my dB10 because it sits behind the driver's seat of my truck and I'm afraid something is going to happen to it. So I'd like to cover it with a grille. I was going to get the Audiobahn Flame grille but they are impossible to find. The MOMO grilles are nice and I'll just paint it flat black to go with the black/gray interior of the truck. Hell, that electronics are all Kenwood eXcelon and they are black and gray too and the carpet is gray too. I think there is a theme?!
Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
Post edited by Jstas on

Comments

• Jstas
    edited February 2003
    Would I be able to redrill another set of holes to fit my subwoofer? I'm not opposed to modifying it, it's going to be painted anyway if it turns out to be a good choice.

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited February 2003
    A friend of mine bought one for an EX-10, worked like a charm with the the screws ever so slightly at an 'angle'. I'm talking not really even noticeable.

Not sure how the Ex compares to the Db though....

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Jstas
    edited February 2003
    Is the ring for the grill a solid piece of plastic or is it a thin, molded piece? I know, I keep asking questions. I just don't want to go cracking it trying to enlarge the holes. I'll probaby end up getting in a couple of months. I have to wait and see if I get laid off from work. If I have to go looking for another job, I may have to start selling stuff off depending on how long I am unemployed. I amy end up not needing a grill then because I may not have a speaker to cover it with anymore. :(

• PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited February 2003
    ** lightbulb **

idea perhaps...

if the grille "fits" over the spaker, and all this is is a matter of how to secure it down... what about just gobbing a dallup of silicone on like 4 spots on the back of the grille... letting it set and dry... and then its stuck there until you really give it a good yank, at which point it'll just fall off and u can like peel off the 4 spots of silicone off the basket edge/box edge and the grille with your fingernail... should peel right off anything smooth (then again it might stick really bad to the carpet if hte box is carpeted).

just an idea.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • Jstas
    edited February 2003
    The box is carpeted. The only issue I have with that is that the surround is butyl rubber and there is a butyl rubber ring on teh edge, just like the MOMO subs. I am fearing that silicone will dry that out and cause damage to the surround. Since the dB subs are nearly impossible to find anymore, I would prefer to not risk damage like that.

• sntnsupermen131
    sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
    edited February 2003
    the grilles are plastic but theyre a pretty good plastic
    im sure if you have to drill they wont crack
    waiting for my subs to come back to me so i can put the grilles on
    then i have to break them in
    ugh
    lol
    -Cody
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited February 2003
    cody -- pointers for breaking in your subs...

1- turn on some nice romantic music, like i dunno, the shaft theme song.

2- dim the lights, or use candlelight.

3- lightly massage your speaker's surround and spider and tell it that you love it.

4- [edited for content]

5- the next morning install your new momo's and happy listening.

this message brought to you by New York State's Dairy Farmers.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • sntnsupermen131
    sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
    edited February 2003
    know for experience buddy?
    lol
    thanks for the tips but i think ill pass...lol
    -Cody