Questions about the Polk MM1240dvc

aroundthefur
aroundthefur Posts: 1
edited February 2009 in Car Audio & Electronics
Hi guys,

New to this forum, and am hoping to get a little help and insight. I want to put a single MM1240dvc in my hatchback. I want to do a single sub set up, in a sealed enclosure, and want it to preform at its optimum level. My question to you guys is, has anyone had any experience with these yet? are they pure sq subs? can they drop low if i want them to? how much power do they need to really preform? Do they sound as good as they look...lol. thanks guys, i really hope i can get some help here. sorry about the long post, and if you need to know anything about my soon to be set up, please ask. thanks again.
Post edited by aroundthefur on

Comments

• ebumdude
    ebumdude Posts: 35
    edited February 2009
    You will get optimum performance from a ported box rather than a sealed box...but I too know that sealed boxes take up less room in the trunk space.

The subs push 425 watts rms continuously and 800 watts peak power. The amp I personally would go with is TMA T1000. http://www.millionbuy.com/tmat10001.html

Its an amp made by JL.

I haven't heard those subs perform myself. But I have been tossing around the idea of getting a set. But for the price, I bet they do sound good. A slight improvement from POLK's MOMO series.
    CAR:

- Kenwood DDX6019
    - MM6's & DB6501
    - Rockford P400-4
    - (2) MM2104's
    -TMA T1000.1

HOME:

(no polk gear yet....still wishing)
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited February 2009
    has anyone had any experience with these yet? are they pure sq subs? can they drop low if i want them to? how much power do they need to really preform? Do they sound as good as they look

Yes - yes - yes - 425 watts RMS - yes
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D