Speaker rattling in truck - how do I check it?

apc
apc Posts: 779
edited February 2009 in Car Audio & Electronics
Normal OEM CD/radio player, no amplification. Just started rattling recently when volume is raised. How can I inspect the speaker that seems to be rattling? Does the grill come off or do I have to start disassembling the door panel? I don't know how do do either. Is there a set of instructions for dummies?

- 99 GMC Sierra
- passenger side, knee height, door speakers, appears to be two speakers behind the grill

Thanks for your help!
Husband, Father, Son, Brother, Friend.
Post edited by apc on

Comments

• MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited February 2009
    Youre gonna have to take the door panel off. Im not too familiar with how to do it but found this thread on 1 GMC forum -

http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16361
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • apc
    apc Posts: 779
    edited February 2009
    Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, I had to take the truck in to a shop for another complication and will have to postpone the audio repair till next weekend.
    Husband, Father, Son, Brother, Friend.