DIY Loudspeaker Projects by Troels Gravesen

Options
zingo
zingo Posts: 11,258
edited February 2009 in DIY, Mods & Tweaks
I don't know how many people have seen this site before, but I just stumbled upon it and it has some great project ideas complete with measurement, diagrams, instructions, and already built examples. He has downloads for just about everything, and these appear to be some high quality projects with serious construction.

DIY Loudspeaker Projects by Troels Gravesen

etupuolet.jpg

JA8008_A_400pxh.jpg
Post edited by zingo on

Comments

• Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I like this version better: http://www.troelsgravesen.dk/PMS-EXCEL.htm

PM-EXCEL_2_300pxH.jpg
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • zingo
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Those are sweet drivers, but the first pair has the leather treatments. :D
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Yeah there are some fantastic DIY efforts and info on that site.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I'd rather have better components than pimpin' styling. :D

This reminds me that I need to start a build thread...speaking of, how are yours coming along?
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • zingo
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I gave up my speaker build for now due to funds, but I've been keeping busy with a B1 build as well as Fred is sending me a USB DAC to tinker on. (Thanks again Fred!) I'm sure as the money gets a little less tight, I'll start a full range floorstand project. Maybe these: DTQWT?
  • Early B.
    Early B. Posts: 7,900
    edited February 2009
    Options
    This is a great DIY link.
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."
  • bsoko2
    bsoko2 Posts: 1,449
    edited February 2009
    Options
    zingo wrote: »
    I gave up my speaker build for now due to funds, but I've been keeping busy with a B1 build as well as Fred is sending me a USB DAC to tinker on. (Thanks again Fred!) I'm sure as the money gets a little less tight, I'll start a full range floorstand project. Maybe these: DTQWT?

I'm going to have to drive up and see what you are doing!

Bill
  • zingo
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Sorry Bill, but nothing too exciting here now. If we do a 'fest this summer, I'll bring all the stuff I've been working on and we can have show-n-tell. :D
  • zingo
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I contacted Jantzen today about the TM section of the DTQWT project that includes drivers and HF components, and they offer it for $880; plus another $500 for the woofers and LF components sourced from PE. It looks like a great project with a four driver three way design, 95 db sensitivity, and minimum 6 ohm resistance! Can you say very tube friendly?!?

DTQWT_final_Fsmall1.jpgDTQWT_final_Fsmall2.jpg
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,529
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Scha-weet. I wish I had the skills/knowledge to tackle something like this.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2