need help setting low and hight pass filters on my amp

GTFreak
GTFreak Posts: 25
edited February 2009 in Car Audio & Electronics
Hi guys i'm new to this so plz forgive any mistakes. I curently have a Kicker 12" L7 dual 2 ohm 750 rms and 1200watt max. and i'm buy a new power acoustik 2,200 watt max gothic seires 2 channel amp. amp specs: 450 x 2 RMS @ 2 ohms, 900 watts RMS x 1 bridged @ 4 ohms. i don't know how or what to do with the low and high pass filter. what would be the best settings for the l7. oh yeah and it's in a standard 1.75 cu ft box vented. plz help me out!!!:D
Post edited by GTFreak on

Comments

• arun1963
    arun1963 Posts: 1,797
    edited February 2009
    Depends on the sound that yiou like. If you like big, booming bass you could set your LPF for the sub at say 100. Most people have it at 80hz.

If on the other hand you like tight & crisp sound, you can try cutting them off at 50-63hz.

Best to let your ears decide.

General rule of thumb, your LPF on the sub should be the same as the HPF on your fronts. This way speakers recieve the frequencies they are best equiped to handle. Also crossing LPF and HPF at the same frequency ensures there are no holes in the sound. (frequencies that are being missed by the speakers).
  • GTFreak
    edited February 2009
    alright thx for the help, greatl appriciated!!!
  • GTFreak
    edited February 2009
    also what would i set the subsonic to i really don't know what that does.
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited February 2009
    You set the subsonic filter to the tuning frequency of the box, which is usually in the 30-45Hz range.
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • GTFreak
    edited February 2009
    cool greatly appreciated!