gnx104's jeep wrangler box plans?

Options
MoralLying
MoralLying Posts: 9
edited February 2003 in Car Subwoofer Talk
I just purchased two GNX104's and an MTX4250D amp but I can't figure the best way to build my box. Of course I am kind of limited in space (Wrangler for ya), but I was wondering if anyone has a set of plans I could build off of or just any suggestions??

Oh, and what sounds better sealed or ported? What cubic foot?
Post edited by MoralLying on

Comments

• PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited February 2003
    Options
    well i can't reply on the box for the wrangler -- but as far as box "types" and volume... sealed will give you a tighter better sound... if you do sealed go with anywhere from a hair over 1.0 to 1.25 ... fill to your taste -- i'd do like a little over half of a lb of fill for the 1.0 box. .. less for the 1.25.

as far as ported -- if you port the box PROPERLY it'll be louder off the smae power and sound pretty good at the same time. but not as good as the sealed. most likely this wil require a larger enclosure and detailed plans. for which you'd have to ask the polkies or someone else in these boards.

:)
    -vinnie
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • MoralLying
    MoralLying Posts: 9
    edited February 2003
    Options
    Would I really need the fill if my box was 1ft^3?
    What about my amp selection, is ok?? (I hope)
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited February 2003
    Options
    4250D is gonna give you 300 x 1 easy... so thats 150 a sub... which is fine in my opinion for the GNX's...

so yup u did good on the amp.

far as the box -- the subs are "reccomended" by polk for a 1.25 cubic box... so you assume that if you go like 1/5 th below what is reccomended your'e gonna need some fill to make up for that. not a ton, but a little... like i said little over half a pound per sub... more or less per your taste... if you go with the full 1.25 you may need absolutely no fill.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge