Sirius Satellite Radio - 2008 Ford Taurus?

TomB
TomB Posts: 106
edited February 2009 in Car Audio & Electronics
I just bought a used 2008 Ford Taurus from a local dealer. A sticker in the window says that the car is equipped with Sirius satellite radio, and it also has a Sirius antenna on the roof.

I called Sirius customer service, and learned how to obtain the ESN number for the radio. However, when I press "1" and "AUX" simultaneously to get the ESN, nothing happens: no number comes up, and the display doesn't change at all. (It's the radio with the 6-CD changer. There is no "SAT" button on this model radio.)

I see satellite radio kits on various websites for around $400.00, but it looks like they include things that I already have, like an antenna.

In looking at other websites and discussion boards, it looks like I may just need a "DLP", or "module" - is that right? Where would this be located on a 2008 Taurus - in the trunk, or elsewhere? I was going to check and see if the car already had one, if I can find it.

The dealer is also looking into this for me, but I thought I'd do some checking on my own. It's not really a major issue, but I'm curious about satellite radio, and I wouldn't mind giving it a try.

Thanks for any help.