Testing
  • avsrule414
    avsrule414 Posts: 5
    edited February 2003
    what about a rockford fosgate 500s?
  • CPHILHOWER
    CPHILHOWER Posts: 343
    edited February 2003
    Sure if you "Bridge it" for one speaker. The 501s makes over 500 watts rms Bridged.
    Chris
  • avsrule414
    edited February 2003
    what exactly is bridging?
  • sntnsupermen131
    sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
    edited February 2003
    that amp will push that speaker great
    that amp will probably put out 600+ watts
    rockford fosgate underrates their amps
    to bridge an amp:
    do you bridge an amp?
    pretty much when you bridge an amp you use the + terminal from one channel and the - terminal from the other channel
    bridging is trying to get more power out of an amp
    technically youre sposed to get 4x the amount of power
    but in reality you only see about half that
    if i were you i would go to www.onlinecarstereo.com or www.carstereotime.com
    online car stereo is usually cheaper but car stereo time will beat anyones price and both have free shipping
    -Cody
  • avsrule414
    edited February 2003
    which amp are you talking about, the 501s or the 500s?
  • 02Dakota
    02Dakota Posts: 1
    edited February 2003
    I am installing 3 sets of ex3560 in my dakotai have a ALPINE V12 MRV-500 2 channel amp. Will that be enough or to much power for them.
  • C-Man
    C-Man Posts: 307
    edited February 2003
    Not sure what the speakers you are installing are Dakota, but unless they are subs, the V-12 you have probably won't be too good. I believe that is a monoblock sub amp. Not sure if it has a switchable crossover.
    "The Big C"
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited February 2003
    dakota -- the mrd-500 alpine amp is a mono block sub amp that will not produce frequencies over like 300 hertz or some crap like that... so there's no way in hell you're gonn ahook up COAXIAL high's .

far as briding the rockford amp for the one sub -- jsut be sure you check with the MFG which is positive and which is negative... some MFG"s say to use the LEFT + and RIGHT -... others say use the RIght + and LEFT -... even some OTHERS will say one of the previous too IN ADDITION to pressing a button labeled "bridge" which triggers further circuitry inside the amp.

Tech Definition...
    Bridging an amp = (verb) to build a small steel, masonry, or wooden structure over the amp, over which gnomes, fairies, and small elven creatures may journey on their way to seek the holy grail.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • sntnsupermen131
    sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
    edited February 2003
    i was talking about the 500s avs
    -Cody
  • avsrule414
    edited February 2003
    alright, thanks for the help, I'm planning on buying the sub by next week and the amp in 2 weeks.
  • goingganzo
    goingganzo Posts: 2,793
    edited February 2003
    i have the alpine mrv1000 it cranks out 250 rms per side into 4ohms. and if i run it at 2 in sterio i get around 500 a side.
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited February 2003
    i thought that was gonna be a class D amp -- hell i need to brush up on my alpine tech....
  • C-Man
    C-Man Posts: 307
    edited February 2003
    Gonzo I'm confused. I've never heard of the MRV-1000 and I can't find any info on it. Is it an old amp? I have the 1507, is that what you're talking about?
    "The Big C"
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited February 2003
    the 1507 was rated like 900 x 1 bridged into 4... but if you got a "good one" and fed it enough steady voltage you'd get well over 1,000 out of it.

alpine was supposed to come out with an MR - D - 1000 mono sub amp.. but i've yet to see one in stores... however their 2003 spring catalog has the specs / pic of it. ...1000X1 at 2 ohms...@ 14... they've even got a 12 volt rating of 700.