RTA 11t to 11tl upgrade and tweaks - final assembly!

Options
byteme
byteme Posts: 73
edited February 2003 in Speakers
Well,

It has finally begun and with any luck it will be completed tonight. Here's a link to the pictures thus far, click on a thumbnail to see the bigger pictures! - http://webpages.charter.net/btreinen/speaker_tweak.htm

The biggest pain in the butt so far has been drilling the holes for the new Cardas posts. The stock holes are a bit to close together to be able to just widen them for the copper posts. However, as with most things, the first one took a lot more time than the second! It actually went very smoothly once I figured out to use the new cardas plate for a template and drill small pilot holes where things need to go. The plastic is small enough to be able to just twist the drill around in there and get the whole wide enough.

The next biggest pain was that damn glue. Fortunately, if you have a wide enough flathead screwdriver it comes up pretty easy.

I'll be interested to see how the bigger caps and inductors will fit on top of the board. Pictures will be posted as soon as I can. I'll be out of the country from 2/08-2/15 so if I don't get things posted tonight it'll have to wait until I get back.