Subwoofer not working... plz help :(

craigCDC
craigCDC Posts: 5
edited March 2009 in Car Subwoofer Talk
Hey there!!!

Was just wondering if sum1 could help me. I've got a Pioneer 900w 12" sub hooked up to a 2000w amp. I've had the sub hooked up for about a week now, but last night when i was driving, the sound from the sub just turned off suddenly. I turned my amp off and on again, and the sub started working. However, now the sound which it is putting out is a lot softer and it sounds really crap... As opposed to the usual nice-sounding long bass tones, it is now short little grunts of soft bass. A slight distortion is also present. I thought originally that it might be the "gain" of the channel which got turned down, but this is not the case as I checked today.

Can anyone PLZ help me!!! Did I blow it or something?
Thanks a million...
Craig.
Post edited by craigCDC on

Comments

• jdr55
    jdr55 Posts: 16
    edited March 2009
    you have 2000 watts running through a sub only rated at nine hundred watts ya you blew it!!! next time when you do something like that tune your amp with the bass boost set around 6 and your gain turned down
  • JONATHAN COLWEL
    JONATHAN COLWEL Posts: 1
    edited March 2009
    craigcdc wrote: »
    hey there!!!

Was just wondering if sum1 could help me. I've got a pioneer 900w 12" sub hooked up to a 2000w amp. I've had the sub hooked up for about a week now, but last night when i was driving, the sound from the sub just turned off suddenly. I turned my amp off and on again, and the sub started working. However, now the sound which it is putting out is a lot softer and it sounds really crap... As opposed to the usual nice-sounding long bass tones, it is now short little grunts of soft bass. A slight distortion is also present. I thought originally that it might be the "gain" of the channel which got turned down, but this is not the case as i checked today.

Can anyone plz help me!!! Did i blow it or something?
    Thanks a million...
    Craig.

check the speaker wire connection at both ends to make sure thats ok first. With power off of corse.then check to make sure your ground wire for your amp is cuttencted well.the ground connection has to be a spot that is bare metal make sure its rust free. may want to try some sand paper. Also if you have multiple amps all gronds have to come to the same point.