What Brand RCA's Do You Use?

only126db
only126db Posts: 157
edited February 2009 in Car Audio & Electronics
Looking at buying two new sets of 12' 2channel rca's and trying to get some recommendations.

I was planning on building my own, but I get too anal sometimes and it was going to cost me $70 just for the connectors + $100 for cables.

Then I saw a set with really high reviews and they looked beautiful....

They ended up being $500 each!!!!

Those two options aren't going to happen.

So what brands and models does everyone here use or recommend?

I'm looking to spend around $60 for the two 12' stereo sets.
Post edited by only126db on

Comments

• Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 17,169
    edited February 2009
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited February 2009
    Puh-leeze. You spend any more than $30 for 20' of RCA's and youre getting ripped off.

All youre wanting is a transparent signal transfer with no induced noise. You want to pay a little more than bargain prices to ensure youre getting good build quality and a solid connection but you can still get excellent quality for a good price. Just make sure theyre NOT shielded. Shielding can act like an antenna and actually pick up and induce noise that normally wouldnt be there.

Look up Stinger, Streetwires, and JL Audio and get their entry level set of cables.

Knuconceptz is also a great place for wiring and cables. All my power wires come from them. Their Krystal Kable line is excellent. 18' for $20.

Knuconceptz.com

Im personally using JL Audio's entry level line of RCA's. Crystal clear.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • black magic
    black magic Posts: 669
    edited February 2009
    Right now each of my RCA's are different. Stinger, RF, and Kicker. The RF one causes a tiny bit of noise.

Hope to make things a little more consistent when I re-do my install this summer.
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited February 2009
    All the RCAs in my truck are knukonceptz...good stuff.
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it