i've calmed down

cadenceclipse
cadenceclipse Posts: 459
edited January 2009 in Car Audio & Electronics
Freakin out again!! ok i'm tryin here.. nowhere in the manual does it say anything about crossover points or power ratings(biampd)only passive crossover specs and such. anyway, i have talked to them a few times but felt i needed a second opinion. their telling me to cross components, or woofer(if biampd) at 630hz. i tried it. still trying 2 get it right. just wondering if i was the only one that figured decent $250 component set should at least play to 125hz. also, rms ratings are 75w per side, wondering if 75 per tweeter and woofer seperately(biamped) would be overkill especially with 8v signal. their tellin me it' be ok but after hearing 630 i'm having doubts
Polk MM6501 kick panels, Eclipse cd7200mkll and SW9122 Bomb Box, Cadence A4, A7, CAP5, JL8W3V3
Post edited by cadenceclipse on

Comments

• Toxis
    Toxis Posts: 5,116
    edited January 2009
    I have absolutely no idea where you keep throwing this 630 htz number from. Nowhere does it say that! From what I see here on the forum, everyone says to keep them at 63 htz and up. The crossover point between the mid and tweet is most likely around 3k and will vary depending on speaker placement/volume. Maybe if you would read the thread that is BEYOND informative from Macleod entitled "How to Tune Sr's"... you will learn a lot. So now you can stop freaking out and start learning how to read. Stop just wizzing through posts and read and learn.
    Never kick a fresh **** on a hot day.

Home Setup: Sony VPL-VW85 Projo, 92" Stewart Firehawk, Pioneer Elite SC-65, PS3, RTi12 fronts, CSi5, FXi6 rears, RTi6 surround backs, RTi4 height, MFW-15 Subwoofer.

Car Setup: OEM Radio, RF 360.2v2, Polk SR6500 quad amped off 4 Xtant 1.1 100w mono amps, Xtant 6.1 to run an eD 13av.2, all Stinger wiring and Raammat deadener.
  • Thom
    Thom Posts: 723
    edited January 2009
    That's a little better, but I still don't know what speakers you're talking about.
  • cadenceclipse
    edited January 2009
    slow down there toxic. nowhere?? my last thread it says it(!) i ain't talkin bout sr components(never said i was). talkin bout eclipse components. maybe if u got your head out macs a$$ u'd learn a lot,(or pull his head out of yours) or at least how to read "and learn". eclipse told me 630hz. maybe we can all learn something here. eclipse sc6500. (eclipse)dude says he also has $700 3-way components crossed at 400hz.
    Polk MM6501 kick panels, Eclipse cd7200mkll and SW9122 Bomb Box, Cadence A4, A7, CAP5, JL8W3V3
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited January 2009
    Yeah Toxis.... pull your head out of your "a$$". U mite lern sum. LOL.

Cadence - you are an imbecile of the highest order. Please feel free to eat the proverbial "it".
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • cadenceclipse
    edited January 2009
    thanks for clearing that up zombie ****. anyway r there any real experts on this forum besides maybe a couple moderators?
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited January 2009
    Most assuredly, but not all of them have access to the Rosetta Stone.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • cadenceclipse
    edited January 2009
    polk expert? zombie girl u sound more like a flame expert than polk
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited January 2009
    Feel free to pull up a history of my posts and sleep better tonight knowing that for whatever reason, you're the only person I have ever chosen to "flame". And before you continue with your delightful play on words in respect to my screenname, I'll spare you the trouble.
    So without further adieu...

zombie twit
    zombie poo poo pantanloons
    zombie the miser
    eau de zombie stank
    "running on empty": a zombie love story
    zombie the earl of chunky funk
    zombie deez ****
    fashionably zombie
    doo doo head Zombie McGee the III
    zombie tea and crumpets
    Senor Bigglesworth Zombie of Canterbury
  • -justin-
    -justin- Posts: 891
    edited January 2009
    Week's ban for fighting, second offense is a permanent ban.

~Justin
This discussion has been closed.