The Soap Opera O-de-Trucko...

PoweredByDodge
PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
edited February 2003 in Car Audio & Electronics
Ugh -- *shaking head*....

ok

i think i decided what i'm doin with the (bleep)'in dodge... **kicks the truck**...

I'm gonna find some new dx/db 3000 tweeters... i can get another "ok" middy for 20 bucks... the tweets for like 30 prolly -- i gotta dig on the tweets some more though...

--- ANYBODY WITH DB/DX Tweets (even momo tweets, all the same stuff basically -- close enough) that will part with them cheap EMAIL ME at poweredbydodge@juno.com and i'll love you forever ---

but imma mount them in the door panels... the tweets closer to teh woofers, up toward teh top, forward portion of hte door -- not hte sail panel, more like "chest height" on the door stead of "neck height".

any suggestions or things i should know for this alteration? currently have tweets surface mounted on top of dash where the windsheild pillar meets the top of the dash... was gonna cut into the door and flush mount them to the panel... thnk it'll sound better? suggestions ideas?

if this comes out looking decent (which it better or i'm setting it on fire in a cornfield and using the insurance money and buying an Acura Integra Type R with NOS and JL w0's and a PYLE 45,000 watt amp)... i'm gonna throw a link up here to some pics... ever since i got those maxes and started carpeting **** instead of painting it, the truck's looked a whole lot better. good riddance to the 4 12's box... yikes... truck looked like a HOOPTY.
The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
Post edited by PoweredByDodge on

Comments

• PoweredByDodge
    edited February 2003
    and for the polkie guys -- am i going over board with these? for like a while now i've been feeding these 3065's like between 140 and 180 watts per channel....

is this jsut way too much? i found the old brochure and it has them rated.....

5-100 watts reccomended amp power
    40 watts RMS power
    100 watts constant music power.
    (which is the "actual" rms... what can i throw on them and not expect them to die again?)

which are they actually "happy" with ... i mean i like how they sound juiced up hard but i've blown two door speakers (maybe cuz of other reasons though) and my tweeters did that shrill cry like they were being stabbed in the heart thing and now they sound like crap on a stick...

should i just give it up and get the momo's (what exactly is the "rms power" on teh momo -- the dx said 100 contininous music... most people consider THAT to be rms?? i'm confused a tad here)... or keep tryin to make these "work" ??

thanx
    -the Schmuck with too much time on his hands, Vinnie.:p
  • sntnsupermen131
    sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
    edited February 2003
    momos are nice
    :)
    i cant tell you how much i love those speakers
    i dunno how i got by without them
    addicted to speakers...is there a group for that
    speakers anonymous...lol
    but yeah dude i love them
    couldnt be happier
    definetely worth the price
    i probably have a little than 125 going to each crossover
    not each tweeter
    but they sell the tweeters differernt on the website so im sure if you look them up itll tell you
    -Cody
  • TrappedUnder Ice
    TrappedUnder Ice Posts: 975
    edited February 2003
    If Only looks could kill :-)

Vinnie...maybe its time to get rid of the truck ....and start over? :lol:
  • sntnsupermen131
    sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
    edited February 2003
    get a chevy:D
    -Cody
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited February 2003
    I was thinking about an '02 2500HD with the diesel... then i looked at my bank account... then the 03 ram HD's came out... then i loked at my bank account... then.... well you get the picture.

anyway i'm in love with my truck ... we have a symbiotic relationship... it takes over driving when i'm asleep at the wheel, off my rocker, or otherwise inhibited, and keeps me safe... i make sure it never gets rusty, give it phat beats, and never sell it.

anywho.. i actually got one of hte two doors apolstered now - it looks good...

far as the DX's -- got a new middy for the psgr door... and i figured out what was wrong with the tweeter and maybe why i was ahvin problems to begin with -- there was some exposed wire in the tweeter cup - looks like the leads started to get pulled a little and they became exposed and touched -- some green burny shitin there... so i pulled em apart..resoldered.. and now i've got one door all toegether... tweeter in the door now.. and it actually sounds good like i want it too, and it looks good apolstered too.

gonna take a while to get the other done but i think i'm on the road to being "done"

after i get the driver door done i have to do some touch up on the dash and then fabricate some panels for rear side window trim (gonna hack at the facotry panels and screw them down over hte mdf / mat... trust me... it'll look good. this friggin truck is like a tank on wheels (well.. intead of treads... lol)