• Frank Z
    Frank Z Posts: 5,860
    edited February 2003
    Options
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,850
    edited February 2003
    Options
    Phil Spector's "Wall Of Sound".....bang, bang, bang!!!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited February 2003
    Options
    Guy was absolutely ga-ga 30 yrs ago. He produced an album for John Lennon, and showed up at the recording sessions waving a piece around threatening to shoot the musicians. He was obviously long overdue with THIS headline.

George Grand (of the Jersey Grand's)
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited February 2003
    Options
    oh how the mighty have fallen. who's next? Any predictions?
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited February 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by meestercleef
    Da Doo Gun Gun Gun
    Da Doo Gun Gun
    Worth at least 3... :lol::lol::lol:

Edit: ... make that 4 :lol:
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited February 2003
    Options
    Thanks for the nice rating, but it was really a rather sick, obvious joke. At least to me it was. Which may indicate how warped I am. Further example--

Oh won't you be my be my victim
    Be my be my victim now, etc

I gonna shoot you baby
    Just you wait & see
    You may survive the first shot
    But not two or three

Actually, it's pretty damn sad. It's just that the entertainment world seems to have a lot of people who seem to have it all & still have really effed-up lives. So I guess I shrug it off with my sick humor. But it's not a joke to those close to it, I'm sure. My apologies if anyone close to the victim is reading this.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited February 2003
    Options
    I suppose I should add that after all, maybe Phil didn't do it. However, if he did it, he is a true sicko. The victim was apparently one of the male's greatest assets in life, the proverbial Roger Corman B-movie actress. Barbarian Queen, etc. Without them we'd be limited to major actresses who probably won't show anything for less than million bucks, if at all.
    Of course, there's also another kind of movie, but we won't discuss that on this culturally sophisticated forum.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • jgido759
    jgido759 Posts: 572
    edited February 2003
    Options
    Back in the 60's when Phil was married to Ronnie (Spector) of the Ronnettes, he was a major control freak who used to hid all of shoes so she wouldn't leave the house. That was one of the milder things he did based on her biography.
    Oh, you hate your job? Why didn't you say so? There's a support
    group for that. It's called EVERYBODY, and they meet at the bar.
    -Drew Carey

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."
    -Unknown

My DVD Collection
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited February 2003
    Options
    Back in the 60's, I saw the Ronette's live at the Bay Shore Roller Rink in Bay Shore, New York. My cousin Blake, who was an ****, was picked to go up on stage, and ended up doing "The Dog" with Ronnie. "The Dog" was a minor dance craze, that consisted of people emulating what dogs do unabashedly.

George Grand (of the Jersey Grand's)