Pioneer Elite Pro 510 TV

marvelous
marvelous Posts: 38
edited February 2003 in Electronics
Has anyone purchase a pioneer bigscreen tv? What are your opinions? I have an opportunity to purchase one and I want to make a wise and informed decision. I am also looking at the Mit 55in diamond model.
Post edited by marvelous on

Comments

• polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited February 2003
    I have the pro520. I did lots of comparison prior to the purchase (almost exactly a year ago) and I have to say that it was a great investment. I continue to appreciate the rendition of pictures/movies on this unit. I have a sony xbr 35" direct projection that I used as the basis of the comparison, and it is as close as it can be (of course, imo). I was a bit reluctant initially due to the cost, but I am glad I did it. The 510 is the earlier model, and the latest is 530 (all has 53" diagonal screen size). I am sure if you surf enough on the web, you will get more reviews of the elite rptv series. The 520 is coming down in price by about 1k since then. The only thing that I would gripe is the glare from the screen, it's almost impossible to watch movies during the day, unless I shut close all the blinds in the room. Other than that, I think it is the best pictures for rptv hdtv that I can find....
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • marvelous
    edited February 2003
    Polkatease;

I have an opportunity to get the 510 for about half the price. When I compare pictures with other models it really stands out. I was concerned about the audio & video connection since it was last year model. The current models have more than enough connections. Is that the case with the 510 or last year model?
  • polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited February 2003
    53" Diagonal 16:9 High Definition Projection Monitor 1080i Native Resolution

PRO530 Inputs/Outputs:

2 Sets of DVI Digital Interface with HDCP (480P/1080i)
    3 Progressive Scan Inputs:D-Sub 15 Inputs, 2 Component Inputs
    3 S- Video Inputs, (1 front)
    Antenna x 2
    3 Composite Inputs, (1 front)
    1 AV Monitor Output
    1 TV Tuner Output
    1 Selectable Fixed/Variable Audio Output
    Pioneer "SR" System control out

PRO-530HD automatically converts interlaced NTSC 15.75kHz (480i) signals to either 31.5kHz (480p) or 33.75kHz (1080i)

PRO 510/520 Inputs/Outputs:

3 Progressive Scan Inputs:D-Sub 15 Inputs, 2 Component Inputs
    2 S- Video Inputs, (1 front)
    Antenna x 2
    3 Composite Inputs, (1 front)
    1 AV Monitor Output
    Pioneer "SR" System control out

The only difference is the presence of 2 DVI/Firewire input that definitely a very nice addition (most of 2nd generation HD Receiver have at least 1 DVI output)...at half the price, I'd say go for it...
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • marvelous
    edited February 2003
    Polkatease;

Thanks for the info.