Wharfedale Modus 1.6 speakers

GEBBY44
GEBBY44 Posts: 939
edited February 2009 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
Cleaning out the house and these are some of the last stuff left. These are superb starter speakers. I picked these up locally and replaced one of the tweeters directly from Wharfedale. Produced circa 2002, color is mahagony. Carpet spikes and spike couplers included.

Towers are in great shape with a few small marks that aren't noticeable from a foot away. Definitely want to keep the grills on with these as they are nice with them and pretty ugly without them. But the sound these make are simply great. Silk tweeters do no wrong and handle rock and classical well. The speaker's main weakness is the midrange, but for the price, it's the best I've heard.

If you need some speakers just as casual listeners or for a basement setup, these are them. Pair these up with an old receiver and you've got a sweet setup for cheap. Perfect for a man-cave or if your kids are looking for speakers for college.

http://www.audioreview.com/mfr/wharfedale/floorstanding-speakers/-modus-one-six/PRD_123689_1594crx.aspx

$90 pickup only

I'll throw in a pair of Signal classic biwire speaker cables for an extra $20. Can't beat that.
Post edited by GEBBY44 on

Comments

• GEBBY44
    edited January 2009
    Anybody wanna take these off my hands for $60? Build a cheap basement setup? Give to a teenager heading to college? These are great for rock music...
  • GEBBY44
    edited January 2009
  • hydrostream
    hydrostream Posts: 549
    edited February 2009
    GEBBY not sure but looks like the person who bought them
    from you has them listed on CL for $360.00. Check it out
    jerry
    Main- GTP-500II,GDC-600,GFA-555II and energy C-500s
    Basement-Audiosource pre/tuner,GFA-545,Onkyo
    DX-1400 and RTI10s
    Garage-GTP-450,onkyo M-282 and R50s with RTi55
    drivers and X-overs.
    My baby 18' V-king Mod VP with a merc 2.4 BP.
    KTM 620 Supermoto
  • GEBBY44
    edited February 2009
    Son a b****, you're right. What a dick. Wow, I'm really sorry that he was the one that contacted me first now. I should have waited for a Polk member that would actually use them. People like this guy really tick me off.