polk war.

plukeyduke
plukeyduke Posts: 8
edited January 2009 in Car Audio & Electronics
so i have purchased 4 15" momo's and i read they are disontinuing them so how do i get a 3 year warranty? no more momo no more sub to replace it but mm15?:(:confused:
Post edited by plukeyduke on

Comments

• cadenceclipse
    cadenceclipse Posts: 459
    edited January 2009
    mms don't need warranty
    Polk MM6501 kick panels, Eclipse cd7200mkll and SW9122 Bomb Box, Cadence A4, A7, CAP5, JL8W3V3
  • Toxis
    Toxis Posts: 5,116
    edited January 2009
    you think they just say "no more warranties!" when they discontinue a model? If they can't fix it, they can always get you the new model...
    Never kick a fresh **** on a hot day.

Home Setup: Sony VPL-VW85 Projo, 92" Stewart Firehawk, Pioneer Elite SC-65, PS3, RTi12 fronts, CSi5, FXi6 rears, RTi6 surround backs, RTi4 height, MFW-15 Subwoofer.

Car Setup: OEM Radio, RF 360.2v2, Polk SR6500 quad amped off 4 Xtant 1.1 100w mono amps, Xtant 6.1 to run an eD 13av.2, all Stinger wiring and Raammat deadener.
  • only126db
    only126db Posts: 157
    edited January 2009
    I had DB's and they quit making them and when mine went in for Warranty they sent me back DX's.

The DX's were lower priced but worked better than the DB's at the time.

They will have stock on hand for warranty issues, and if not they will replace them with something of the same size and quality or something better I'm sure.
  • plukeyduke
    edited January 2009
    ok all i know is in the past you buy a sub thats last years model they run out of them and credit you the money you spent wich i bought them on sale so just dont want to dish out more cash when the momos run out
  • only126db
    edited January 2009
    plukeyduke wrote: »
    ok all i know is in the past you buy a sub thats last years model they run out of them and credit you the money you spent wich i bought them on sale so just dont want to dish out more cash when the momos run out

Call them and ask I guess, seems we have had two different experiences.
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    edited January 2009

That would be the store that you bought them at doing that, not Polk Audio. Stores are not responsible for honoring manufacturer's warranty. That's the manufacturer's problem. Also, as long as you bought the speaker at an authorized retailer, whether it was on sale or not doesn't matter to Polk Audio. The price on the shelf is the store's price. It doesn't affect Polk Audio's cost.

If you call that number up there at the top of the page, 1-866-764-1801 and do a little leg work of your own, one of the nice people at Polk Audio will be glad to answer any questions about warranty info and dissuade your concerns.

You know what's cool about that? You get someone who is paid to tolerate you instead of having to deal with someone like me that doesn't suffer fools well.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • plukeyduke
    edited January 2009
    ok i have hope in these ive left mtx in hopes polk has good products time will tell
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited January 2009
    My Momo 15's have been rock solid performers for awhile now. Unless you do something stupid, you should be fine.
  • cadenceclipse
    cadenceclipse Posts: 459
    edited January 2009
    time has told...that mtx suks(basically, maybe getting better, proly not) and polk has great products. and u'd have 2 b pretty damn stupid
    Polk MM6501 kick panels, Eclipse cd7200mkll and SW9122 Bomb Box, Cadence A4, A7, CAP5, JL8W3V3
  • only126db
    edited January 2009
    ok i have hope in these ive left mtx in hopes polk has good products time will tell

Well MTX does make some terrible sounding subs.

I had one of their 9500 series 12's and got rid of it as soon as I could.

It hit low very well, but the motor noise was rediculous and made for very poor SQ.

Any other MTX sub I have heard has been less than good.