Polk MOMO 500.1 Amp

nickh007
nickh007 Posts: 2
edited January 2009 in Car Audio & Electronics
I just got the 500.1 amp and i have a few questions on it. I want to wire my subs in parallel to present it with a 2 ohm load. when i hook them to the amp should i just hook it to the speaker 1 output or should i bridge it between the speaker 1 and speaker 2 output. I looked through the manual and it doesn't say anything about it in there. Is each speaker output 2 ohm stable or only when bridged. Thanks for any info. :o
Post edited by nickh007 on

Comments

• biggs
    biggs Posts: 16
    edited January 2009
    It's in there, page 15.
    Supposing you have two 4ohm SVC subs that is. Sub 1 to speaker 1 on the amp, sub 2 to speaker 2 on the amp. Now they're wired in paralell presenting a 2ohm load.
  • Thom
    Thom Posts: 723
    edited January 2009
    If you have the woofers wired together in the box and only have one pair of wires to run to the amp just use sub 1. Or sub 2. No need to try to bridge the "channels", the outputs are tied together. It's a single channel amp, we just supplied two speaker outputs for convenience.
  • nickh007
    nickh007 Posts: 2
    edited January 2009
    Thom wrote: »
    If you have the woofers wired together in the box and only have one pair of wires to run to the amp just use sub 1. Or sub 2. No need to try to bridge the "channels", the outputs are tied together. It's a single channel amp, we just supplied two speaker outputs for convenience.

Thanks that's wat i was looking for.