CSi40 top or bottom?

Options
mangata572
mangata572 Posts: 52
edited January 2003 in Speakers
Currently, my CSi40 center is below the tv screen. Sometimes I think the coffee table interferes with the sound. I know the final judge is to try both above and below the screen, however that involves switching several compoents. Moving the center to the top will set the tweeter 5 1/2 feet off the floor vs. 1 1/2 feet. So, any thoughts from the forum before I start unplugging things?
Post edited by mangata572 on

Comments

• scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited January 2003
    Options
    Simple - MOVE the coffee table. Let NOTHING interfer with good sound.:D
  • GZ
    GZ Posts: 343
    edited January 2003
    Options
    IMO 5 1/2 feet is pretty far up there...unless you angle it downward by raising up the back, say with a couple rubber doorstops or taller feet in the back. And 1 1/2 feet is pretty low. Maybe angle it up a bit by using taller feet in the front. I'd try the second suggestion before going thru all the work of switching components around. But you'll never know until you try, sometimes a little work pays off with big results.
  • dbournival
    dbournival Posts: 131
    edited January 2003
    Options
    I would have a coffee table problem if I used the below position so I have a Csi400 on top of my bigscreen, I just angled it down a little... You may have to get beer (or coffee) and some free time to experiment...
  • dthomps
    dthomps Posts: 352
    edited January 2003
    Options
    Had the same problem- (dorms are cramped.....) I decided to place the center up higher rather than too low- I think angling it down a little will be easier and probably sound a bit better than keeping it low and raising it a bit in fornt and still haveing to deal with the coffee table problems. But first you should give it a shot from where its at right now- before you start completely re-arranging things- and see if this pleases you a bit more. Enjoy. Mike