electronics e-tailers

Options
Mike Reeter
Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
I'm new here,and a 1st class newbie to the Audio World.I have got the bulk of our equipment together,I'm now looking for a good place on the w.w.w. to purchase good quality a/v cables and speaker wire (looks like there is no end to what you spend). We live in a rural area and the nearest Circuit City and other type stores are 90 minutes away.Where do you all shop for your "goodies" ?
Post edited by Mike Reeter on

Comments

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited January 2003
    Options
    Audioadvisor.com - Great selection of cables, entry level to exotic, fair prices. Audioquest, Kimber, Monster, etc

Signalcable.com - Hand-made-to-order cables, a *best buy* in my book.

Partsexpress.com - Dayton (house brand) cables - excellent value for entry level, fyi - some AR interconns/vid cables are available on the cheap, closeout. Small Monster selection

Ac4L.com - Closeout deals, great prices. Haven't check recently, but last time there, AR, IXOS, and MIT.

There are many others, but most are exotic (price-wise), so until you state budget, I'll leave it at that to start.

Cheers,
    Rooster
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • dbournival
    dbournival Posts: 131
    edited January 2003
    Options
    You can go to BestBuy.com for the more common stuff. I bought some AR cables at www.accessories4less.com
  • RuSsMaN
    edited January 2003
    Options
    WOW! Those are some kick-**** VCR's in your sig dbournival!!! And you even gave the MODEL numbers, SWEET!!!

-Rooster
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited January 2003
    Options
    Russattack in progress......
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • phuz
    phuz Posts: 2,372
    edited January 2003
    Options
    He's got a point. It's not often that you see a 22 line sig. :)
  • scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited January 2003
    Options
    That is a HUGE sig. My scroll finger is getting cramped.
    The office speakers are a MUST.
    :D
  • polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited January 2003
    Options
    agreed....:p
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    MxStYlEpOlKmAn Posts: 2,116
    edited January 2003
    Options
    and my sig is long? HA!
    Damn you all, damn you all to hell.......
    I promised myself
    No more speakers. None. Nada. And then you posted this!!!!
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • RuSsMaN
    edited January 2003
    Options
    'Give meeeee 2 lines, I neeeeeed 2 lines, so I can get to postin' with my Club Polk Sig'

Cheers,
    'Big Boy' Rooster
  • phuz
    phuz Posts: 2,372
    edited January 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by RuSsMaN
    'Give meeeee 2 lines, I neeeeeed 2 lines, so I can get to postin' with my Club Polk Sig'

Damn is it snowing up there in Dallas Russman? Pass the....

*twitch twitchtwitchtwitchtwitch*
  • scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited January 2003
    Options
    Somebody's home from Jr. High.
  • nellis8166
    nellis8166 Posts: 292
    edited January 2003
    Options
    There should be a limit on sigs...just my opinion.
    RTi10
    CSi5
    RTi28
    SVS PB12-ISD2

Denon 2106(pre/pro)
    Adcom 5503(200x3)

Audioquest Diamondback ICS
    Kimber Kable 8tc biwire(mains and center)

"Don't let your silly dreams fall in between the crack of the bed and the wall."
    -J. James
  • dbournival
    dbournival Posts: 131
    edited January 2003
    Options
    Hey, I just got sick of people asking what I had for stuff....
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    edited January 2003
    Options
    Thanks guys,you have saved me a lot of time looking at page after page...looks like it does'nt take much to get the things rolling around here...Thanks again.
  • goingganzo
    goingganzo Posts: 2,793
    edited January 2003
    Options
    buld a website with just a list of your stuff and put a lonk to it. and then maybe pick out a few of your faves and add them to your sig.
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited February 2003
    Options
    Here's a site that can do a awful lot of legwork for you:

http://www1.dealtime.com/

Won't inlude the direct from manufacturer group like signal, but for the retail stuff, it'll steer you to some pretty good prices. I found it on the Consumer Reports web-site, so I'd expect it to be pretty much on the up and up.
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD