15 inch MOMOs

texastahoe
texastahoe Posts: 3
edited December 2008 in Car Subwoofer Talk
Could someone please describe the sound of these subs, there isnt much info on the web on these...matter of fact its not even on polks website. I think i found a good deal for $150 each. Are these more SQ or SPL subs? are they versatile? stuff like that. What type of box do you recommend(ventes/sealed how big)? Are these gonna be stupid loud? Would these totally drown out my stock speakers on my stock stereo in my tahoe?
Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.
Post edited by texastahoe on

Comments

• Grimster74
    Grimster74 Posts: 2,564
    edited December 2008
    If these are the series your talking about a better deal can be had at Crutchfield, try $150 for two. In my opinion, Polk momo subs are very versatile but lean more toward sound quality. Polk always recommends a sealed enclosure which in my opinion sounds much better than a ported enclosure as well as a much smaller enclosure. With the right amplification going to them with a correctly built box 15's have the ability to take the air out of your lungs if need be but I have a feeling if your gonna run the stock speakers throughout the rest of the vehicle you'll be needing to upgrade them soon as well. In my honest opinion, dual 12's with a correctly built box will sound much better than dual 15's, I'll let ya know in a couple of days though.:D Hope this helps.

Rob
    Money Talks, Mine says Goodbye Rob!!!!
  • texastahoe
    texastahoe Posts: 3
    edited December 2008
    Yeah i was talking about the ones from crutchfield..I think im gonna order today and maybe get some blaupunkt speakers i guess. Do you have an amp to recommend?