7.1 back surround basement setup help!

Options
florad
florad Posts: 8
edited December 2008 in DIY, Mods & Tweaks
Hello. I'm preparing to finish my basement. Due to the crappy dimensions of the basement and the fact that my wife won't let me put in a wall in the rear of one of the sections of the basement, my polk fxi5 rear surrounds don't have a wall to be mounted on for my home theater. I'm planning on having a drop ceiling and I should have walls to mount my fxi a6's on (as my main surrounds). Any ideas on how I should mount my rear surrounds? Thanks!
Post edited by florad on

Comments

• bsoko2
    bsoko2 Posts: 1,449
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Get another wife that will let you add the wall!

Bill
  • Sherardp
    Sherardp Posts: 8,038
    edited December 2008
    Options
    florad wrote: »
    Hello. I'm preparing to finish my basement. Due to the crappy dimensions of the basement and the fact that my wife won't let me put in a wall in the rear of one of the sections of the basement, my polk fxi5 rear surrounds don't have a wall to be mounted on for my home theater. I'm planning on having a drop ceiling and I should have walls to mount my fxi a6's on (as my main surrounds). Any ideas on how I should mount my rear surrounds? Thanks!

Wife wont let you? Are your balls non-existant? I laugh at guys who say wife wont let me........paint ceiling certain, wife wont let me do this and that. Lay the pipe right and the wife will let you do anything.

But seriously, perhaps you should explain to her the importance of it, besides if youre running a PJ setup its better anyway to avoid too much open space. You could use rear stands if she's making it a big deal, but I would just put the wall up anyway, she'll get over it.
    Shoot the jumper.....................BALLIN.............!!!!!

Home Theater Pics in the Showcase :cool:

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showcase/view.php?userid=73580
  • comfortablycurt
    comfortablycurt Posts: 6,745
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Sherardp wrote: »
    Wife wont let you? Are your balls non-existant? I laugh at guys who say wife wont let me........paint ceiling certain, wife wont let me do this and that. Lay the pipe right and the wife will let you do anything.

But seriously, perhaps you should explain to her the importance of it, besides if youre running a PJ setup its better anyway to avoid too much open space. You could use rear stands if she's making it a big deal, but I would just put the wall up anyway, she'll get over it.

x2

If the wall is a no go though, invest in a nice pair of stands.

Here are a whole bunch of stands made by Sanus.

Sanus makes some good stuff. They're real stable...they passed all of my tipping tests when I got mine. You can pretty much find one to match whatever decor you have too.
    The nirvana inducer-
    APC H10 Power Conditioner
    Marantz UD5005 universal player
    Parasound Halo P5 preamp
    Parasound HCA-1200II power amp
    PolkAudio LSi9's/PolkAudio SDA 2A's/PolkAudio Monitor 7A's
    Audioquest Speaker Cables and IC's