Any FL Polketeers here?

tk421
tk421 Posts: 156
edited January 2009 in Car Audio & Electronics
Hi,

I'm taking a trip from home (the Caribbean) to FL on Dec 25th. Will be there for a few weeks.

Are there any upcoming events in the NMB or Orlando areas?
Or.. does anyone want to hang out and talk audio?

-Tariq
Post edited by tk421 on

Comments

• ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited December 2008
    Florida is pretty big. Where will you be? Just Orlando?
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • tk421
    edited December 2008
    miami, orlando (intl drive area), then back down to north miami beach area. will be making a pit stop at toosies :-)
  • tk421
    edited December 2008
    will be leaving in the morning
  • Slash621
    Slash621 Posts: 4
    edited January 2009
  • tk421
    edited January 2009
    darn.. i'm back home. FL was cool. (literally)

great sales, disney was packed... didnt go toosies :-(

worse experience - your US customs ppl gave me a 12hr interrogation and torture. This is my 5th trip to USA and they gave me that bull----.

why do they treat ppl who are coming to spend money and help your economy so much trouble! i hesitate to take our IT Dept to orlando for the InfoComm show!
  • cadenceclipse
    cadenceclipse Posts: 459
    edited January 2009
    they do that to broke people 2, it'll proly get worse b4 it gets better 2.
    Polk MM6501 kick panels, Eclipse cd7200mkll and SW9122 Bomb Box, Cadence A4, A7, CAP5, JL8W3V3
  • mmadden28
    mmadden28 Posts: 4,283
    edited January 2009
    tk421 wrote: »
    darn.. i'm back home. FL was cool. (literally)

great sales, disney was packed... didnt go toosies :-(

worse experience - your US customs ppl gave me a 12hr interrogation and torture. This is my 5th trip to USA and they gave me that bull----.

why do they treat ppl who are coming to spend money and help your economy so much trouble! i hesitate to take our IT Dept to orlando for the InfoComm show!

Can I assume that when you said "your US customs people" that you're not a US citizen? Or are you?
    This couldn't have just been random selection. What prompted them to take such action? Did you have something in your possession? Did you give them a hard time or something?

What kind of torture are you talking about? Were you tied up? blindfolded? stripped? Were they zapping you with a car battery while slowly dripping water on your head? Or are you talking about the false imprisonment/lack of freedom type of torture? Or mental torture?

HT:Onkyo 805, Emotiva XPA-5, Mitsu 52" 1080p DLP / polkaudio RTi12, CSIa6, FXi3, uPro4K
    2-chnl : Pio DV-46AV (SACD), Dodd ELP, Emotiva XPA-1s, XPA-2, Odyssey Khartago, LSi9, SDA-SRS 2 :cool:, SB Duet, MSB & Monarchy DACs, Yamaha PX3 TT, SAE Tuner...
    Pool: Atrium 60's/45's
  • tk421
    edited January 2009
    mmadden28 wrote: »
    Can I assume that when you said "your US customs people" that you're not a US citizen?
    Nope. I was a visitor.
    This couldn't have just been random selection.
    No it wasn't i am a muslim. It's racial profiling.
    What prompted them to take such action? Did you have something in your possession? Did you give them a hard time or something?
    Did nothing. Had nothing.
    Or are you talking about the false imprisonment/lack of freedom type of torture? Or mental torture?

False Imprisonment: held for more than 4 hours without charges being pressed. No phone call.
    Cold Torture: the room was freezing cold. Four layers of clothing and i was still cold.
    No food: for 10 hours. i got a bag of chips after 10 hours. and it was horribly salty.
    Insanitary conditions: toilet did not have water nor anywhere else other than the water cooler.
    Mental torture:
    -wait for an hour then questioned. your documents, credit cards, phone and laptop are confiscated and everything copied and examined.
    -wait another hour and questioned again, fingerprinted and photographed by four large ppl in a small room.
    -wait again for 2 hours and fingerprinted again. this time in another back room by three big guys
    -then u wait god alones know how long...
    -then u are taken to a small room and questioned by one guy about everything again and all sorts of personal info. he asks u stuff "you said" but you didn't say. asks about what grade school u attended, how much i work for, how much money i had, if i owned land at home, car, family, ...

america is taking a big hit because of your administration's poor foreign policy. losing tourist dollars cause of many incidents like this.

IN STARK CONTRAST .. every american i met was very nice, well mannered and civilized. Everyone treats u so well. And i mean EVERYONE.. not just the ppl who sold me stuff or served me stuff.
  • tk421
    edited January 2009
    damn.. i should edit that post. sorry.
  • mmadden28
    mmadden28 Posts: 4,283
    edited January 2009
    How would they know if you were a Muslim or not? That's a religion, not a race.

Anyway, I am very sorry that you had to experience that BS. Nobody should have to go through that kind of crap, esp. for no reason. Perhaps you should write of your experience to some official in your country, or the American Embassy.

Peace.

HT:Onkyo 805, Emotiva XPA-5, Mitsu 52" 1080p DLP / polkaudio RTi12, CSIa6, FXi3, uPro4K
    2-chnl : Pio DV-46AV (SACD), Dodd ELP, Emotiva XPA-1s, XPA-2, Odyssey Khartago, LSi9, SDA-SRS 2 :cool:, SB Duet, MSB & Monarchy DACs, Yamaha PX3 TT, SAE Tuner...
    Pool: Atrium 60's/45's