Pioneer Elite 6 channel receiver...

Options
MxStYlEpOlKmAn
MxStYlEpOlKmAn Posts: 2,116
edited January 2003 in Electronics
http://pioneerelectronics.com/Pioneer/CDA/HomeProducts/HomeProductDetails/0,1422,71338,00.html

Does this receiver have 6.1 preouts? If so its on my next-to-buy-list! does anyone have experience with this receiver?
Damn you all, damn you all to hell.......
I promised myself
No more speakers. None. Nada. And then you posted this!!!!
Damn you all! - ATC
Post edited by MxStYlEpOlKmAn on

Comments

• Frank Z
    Frank Z Posts: 5,860
    edited January 2003
    Options
    Sid,
    Look at the link that you posted, scroll down and you'll see the heading "Connectivity" under which it says Multi-channel pre-outs. So the short answer is Yes!
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited January 2003
    Options
    You are already sold, without even seeing it in person, much less listening?
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    edited January 2003
    Options
    I dont care how it sounds, its amps mean ZIPPO to me, zilch, notta, nothing - I wont use them, they will be obselete to the room. All i care about is inputs, outputs, and sound feild - which it has 6 channel stereo, thats pretty much all i care about. Besides the fact Pioneer Elite is one el of a receiver.
    I promised myself
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited January 2003
    Options
    Why not just buy a pre/pro instead of a receiver then?

Peace Out~:D
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    edited January 2003
    Options
    because they cost 2 times more, and yet I dont have the money to spair....
    I promised myself
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • Frank Z
    Frank Z Posts: 5,860
    edited January 2003
    Options
    Sid,
    I've got a VSX-37TX and it does a great job. Before you lay down $800 for a new unit, see if you can find a used one like this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3003143176&category=14981
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
  • MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    edited January 2003
    Options
    I can get it for 415 off yahoo stores, i wouldnt pay 800 for a receiver, when i can buy a adcom pre for 700...lol
    I promised myself
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,621
    edited January 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    I can get it for 415 off yahoo stores, i wouldnt pay 800 for a receiver, when i can buy a adcom pre for 700...lol

Where is yahoo stores? Never heard of a yahoo sales thing other than their classifieds........
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • RuSsMaN
    edited January 2003
    Options
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    edited January 2003
    Options
    eh..no russ! LOL!

I meant stores that yahoo puts on their search engines....lol!

Like YAHOO SHOPPING!
    I promised myself
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • RuSsMaN
    edited January 2003
    Options
    That is yahoo shopping you moron.

Shouldn't you be masturbating, or experimenting with drugs?

Cheers,
    Rooster
  • MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    edited January 2003
    Options
    i learned from ur mistakes rooster, I mean go to yahoo.com then click shopping and search brand or model number or w/e the eff u wish...
    I promised myself
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • nellis8166
    nellis8166 Posts: 292
    edited January 2003
    Options
    I second that....
    RTi10
    CSi5
    RTi28
    SVS PB12-ISD2

Denon 2106(pre/pro)
    Adcom 5503(200x3)

Audioquest Diamondback ICS
    Kimber Kable 8tc biwire(mains and center)

"Don't let your silly dreams fall in between the crack of the bed and the wall."
    -J. James
  • MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    edited January 2003
    Options
    well my price range is in the 400's. Thats as high as I can go. For 400 dollars, there isnt exactly a TOP of the LINE nething. I dont care alot about formats, If I wanted junk id go for yamaha, but Pioneer Elite makes good stuff. Everything else is too expensive. Preamps are in the 700s+. For a 5 channel or more one. Chances are if I do get the Pioneer Elite I will use the amps, but it wont be for a long time. I dont care a whole lot about formats. Especially if their video, I only watch tv at night and the rig is off at that time. All im looking at are soundfeilds, and inputs-outputs. and 110 wats x 6, will get me anywhere. Especially for 400 or so dollars. I cant beat that. If u can give me a receiver that matches it, or surpasses it. Ill look at it. So far ive looked at NAD, Adcom, Pioneer Elite, Yamaha, Sony, Panasonic, Pioneer, Kenwood, Denon...etc, their all junk, or too pricey for what you get. This is what I have found.
    I promised myself
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    edited January 2003
    Options
    Here is one thing that isnt up to date, that I might care about. Thats about all
    96/24 ADC
    96/24 DAC
    I promised myself
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    edited January 2003
    Options
    LOL! i more worried about being stuck with that POS yamaha...lol
    I promised myself
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    edited January 2003
    Options
    I NO! lol! maybe he'll hotwire my yammer to be his prepro for the wilson and krell dream! LOL!
    I promised myself
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited January 2003
    Options
    Processing:

Virtual Surround Back
    Expanded Theater
    6 Channel Stereo
    Music Modes
    Movie Modes
    Midnight listening Mode
    Loudness
    Source Direct

wtf is that?? the singers start whispering when you engaged the mode??:confused:
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    edited January 2003
    Options
    Nope, it like compresses it to where it low, and it cuts the bass down so it dosnt disturb others sleeping - thats my guess
    I promised myself
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited January 2003
    Options
    soo, it is actually counter intuitive than my first impression....or the receiver applies a set of fix equalization values to compensate for the lower volume operation....
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • Dr. Spec
    Dr. Spec Posts: 3,780
    edited January 2003
    Options
    Midnight Mode is a dynamic range compression circuit where SPL peaks are severely limited.

This allows the listener to turn up the volume loud enough to hear voices and quiet passages, and not blow out the room when a normally loud passage comes.

It is also quite possible certain models (not my Kenwood though) also use Midnight Mode to boost low bass (like the old "loudness" switch) because the human ear is less sensitive to bass at very low volumes.
    "What we do in life echoes in eternity"

Ed Mullen (emullen@svsound.com)
    Director - Technology and Customer Service
    SVS
  • dthomps
    dthomps Posts: 352
    edited January 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    If I wanted junk id go for yamaha, but Pioneer Elite makes good stuff. Everything else is too expensive.

So far ive looked at NAD, Adcom, Pioneer Elite, Yamaha, Sony, Panasonic, Pioneer, Kenwood, Denon...etc, their all junk, or too pricey for what you get. This is what I have found.

I really disagree about Yamaha making junk. I feel that at the pricepoint of the equipment, it is actually great stuff. They have some awesome receivers, like the 995, or the rx-v1 or z1. They make good equipment. Maybe not the sound you are looking for, but it is of good quality and sounds good to my ears. Not excellent, but good. If you buy a bottom of the line Yamaha receiver, what do you expect?
    Also, have you heard any of Pioneer Elite's receivers? I am not disagreeing, I think they make good stuff too, but I am wondering where you formed this opinion. Give Denon a shot- you will like how Denon mates with your Polks, serisouly.

I think that if you look you will find some really good deals on used equipment. I was offered a denon avr-3801 for $400 shipped. Look into that model, I think you will find it is close to what you need. But keep the search up- look at gear a year or two old now- if all you care about is inputs and the sound feilds. You may want to really give the sound fields a listen in the different manufacturers- some of them are really pointless IMO. Some just sound like canned music. Good luck man.
  • MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    edited January 2003
    Options
    Well, Im not worried how they sound. Their amps will be used even at all for only a short amount of time. Im more worried about how the adcom sounds.
    I promised myself
    Damn you all! - ATC