need help choosing a sub

senorpumba
senorpumba Posts: 9
edited December 2008 in Car Audio & Electronics
ok so i am looking into either a fosgate 12inch power series which its a fosgate t112d4 or a polk sr104-dvc. so opinions/imput would be liked.
Post edited by senorpumba on

Comments

• comfortablycurt
    comfortablycurt Posts: 6,745
    edited December 2008
    What kind of music do you listen to, and how do you usually listen to it? Are you looking more for a big quantity of bass or high quality bass?

I just looked at the two different ones you mentioned. Going by the descriptions, I personally would go with the Polk. They do appear to be fairly equal though. I prefer the sound of a 10 to the sound of a 12 though personally...which partially influenced that choice. Ten's just have a tighter, less boomy sound to my ear.

What kind of amp are you planning on driving them with?
    The nirvana inducer-
    APC H10 Power Conditioner
    Marantz UD5005 universal player
    Parasound Halo P5 preamp
    Parasound HCA-1200II power amp
    PolkAudio LSi9's/PolkAudio SDA 2A's/PolkAudio Monitor 7A's
    Audioquest Speaker Cables and IC's
  • senorpumba
    edited December 2008
    im not to sure about the amp i am getting the sub for christmas and im going to save up for an amp. i listen to a lot of rap and rock/country.
  • senorpumba
    edited December 2008
    but for a amp i was thinking about a rockford T5002 but if i go with a polk ill probably get a polk amp to mach. i like to stick with the same brands unless you have a suggestion about a good amp that would power either one of thoes.
  • senorpumba
    edited December 2008
    or maybe a MTX TE601
  • leroyjr1
    leroyjr1 Posts: 8,785
    edited December 2008
    I was running RF punch power dvc's before switching over to MTX 9500 . RF would be my choice. They hit very hard. As far as amps RF bd series would be a great choice.
  • senorpumba
    edited December 2008
    but now which sub should i get? i found a refurbished fosgate t210d4 they dont have them on there web site but they do exist. or the polk sr104-dvc