PC to Home Theatre Receiver

Options
geekmedic
geekmedic Posts: 78
edited January 2003 in Electronics
Has anyone connected their PC to their home theatre receiver? If so, what did you use?

I'm looking at the m-Audio card that has the digital coax out. I like the Soundblaster Audigy and Extigy series, but I don't want a digital out from the front of my computer.

So, is anyone using the m-Audio card with the dig coax? Anyone have any recommendations for the USB-to-digital connectors out there?

I'm wanting to hook this up for music only.

Thanks!
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. - Albert Einstein
Post edited by geekmedic on

Comments

• MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    MxStYlEpOlKmAn Posts: 2,116
    edited January 2003
    Options
    I have a cord, you need two - their 20 dollar cords, and u need an end adapter for the end that goes in the receiver. All together 40 dollars. and the quality still isnt good...

Thats what i have used, for when I needed sound for more than 1 person. i am sure there are other places....

You can get the cords at radioshack...
    Damn you all, damn you all to hell.......
    I promised myself
    No more speakers. None. Nada. And then you posted this!!!!
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • Ceruleance
    Ceruleance Posts: 991
    edited January 2003
    Options
    Several Things:
    Soundblaster Audigy comes in versions that fit slots in the back of your computer instead of a cd drive.

Harman Kardon sells the DAL 150 which is a USB to Coax converter. If you have an H/K receiver with MP3 processing you can just pass the signal on, otherwise it converts it to PCM. 49 plus shipping on harmanaudio.com (don't be one of those idiots that pays more on ebay buying from a harman auction instead of their site (that always amazes me..)

I have a JVC RX-8010 which has a built in USB connection, I love it, use it everyday, & my computer is my main source for music, only problem is it doesnt do discrete channels for home theatre, even though it seems like the computer is capable of outputting it.
  • goingganzo
    goingganzo Posts: 2,793
    edited January 2003
    Options
    sound blaster has a external sound card that plugs into your usb port. you can put it near your recever and your comp elseware. you can go up to i think 30-50 feet with usb i think.
  • kanicker
    kanicker Posts: 86
    edited January 2003
    Options
    LOL... I got the DAL 150 on Harman Kardon's ebay store for $24!
    Be careful what you label "the idiots way"

:)