New Car and clueless

NJPOLKER
NJPOLKER Posts: 3,474
edited December 2008 in Car Audio & Electronics
I just bought my wife a new car. It is a 2009 Honda Accord LX Black and beautiful but the sound quality it not so hot. She is not concerned but I am thinking about doing something about it. Not interested in spending alot of money maybe a couple hundred. I'd like to keep it simple if possible. Any suggestions?
If you need to know the reason I don't want to spend more its because I am spending it all on MY two channel system at home!
Thanks Drew
Post edited by NJPOLKER on

Comments

• thsmith
    thsmith Posts: 6,082
    edited December 2008
    If she is not concerned, don't sweat it. If its not broke don't fix it.
    Speakers: SDA-1C (most all the goodies)
    Preamp: Joule Electra LA-150 MKII SE
    Amp: Wright WPA 50-50 EAT KT88s
    Analog: Marantz TT-15S1 MBS Glider SL| Wright WPP100C Amperex BB 6er5 and 7316 & WPM-100 SUT
    Digital: Mac mini 2.3GHz dual-core i5 8g RAM 1.5 TB HDD Music Server Amarra (memory play) - USB - W4S DAC 2
    Cables: Mits S3 IC and Spk cables| PS Audio PCs
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited December 2008
    If youre only wanting to spend a couple hundred, I suggest some Polk DB's all the way around. The 6x9's should drop right into the back deck but the front speakers may take some elbow grease. You may want to go to a shop or even Circuit City and have them tell you what youd need as Im not familiar with the doors of the 09's. My 07 has 6.5" speakers in the front doors but the opening is barely big enough for a 5.25" aftermarket speaker. If your doors are like mine then youll have to spend some extra on an adapter plate. Or you could go with the 5.25's speakers which would probably drop right in with no problem.

http://www.polkaudio.com/caraudio/newdb.php
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,624
    edited December 2008
    What sucks about the newer Honda's is that you can't put an aftermarket stereo in the thing without losing your AC system.........stupid engineers on that one IMO........

Just replacing the speakers can be ok, but you're still only going to be pushing minimal wattage to them based on the factory deck......maybe down the line look at amps and stuff, but for now that's well outside the 'couple hundred' guideline.........
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited December 2008
    There is a kit that replaces the storage bin under the AC controls. This is where I have my HU mounted. Here is the thread of my install 2 years ago when I first put that adapter in.

Crutchfield also sells an adapter that replaces the AC controls and has a spot to mount an aftermarket CD player but Ive heard from countless people that those things are pieces of junk and never work and if they do work, they tear up quickly.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • NJPOLKER
    edited December 2008
    Thanks for all the great ideas.
    Drew
  • randallflynns
    randallflynns Posts: 1
    edited December 2008
    you may want to jump to the new and shiny equipment first, a comparison should really be made. Often times, going with something else will save you hundreds of dollars while providing the same, if not better performance.

New Cars
  • NJPOLKER
    edited December 2008
    you may want to jump to the new and shiny equipment first, a comparison should really be made. Often times, going with something else will save you hundreds of dollars while providing the same, if not better performance.

New Cars

WOW Randy Thanks for all the help :rolleyes:
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    edited December 2008
    NJPOLKER wrote: »
    WOW Randy Thanks for all the help :rolleyes:

What? All he said was that you should go and buy something new and spend the money because spending the money can save you hundreds of dollars and get you the same thing if you can't manage to do better.

Yeah, spend money to save money while realizing absolutely no benefit from your expenditure at all. :confused: Makes sense to me! But never fear because even if all the money you spent gets you nothing, at least you managed to save hundreds of dollars!

:rolleyes:

Glad I wasn't the first to rip in to him, didn't want to get called a big meany again.

And to think, I thought botherlove1 (yes, I spelled the user name correctly) had "Stupid Post of the Year" all tied up while narrowly edging out only126db's inane and provoking trolling by a narrow margin. Then this gem gets posted as his FIRST AND ONLY post and he trumps them all by running away with the competition! I'm impressed! That's a new level of over-achieving by saying nothing while actually saying everything. I'm going to award extra points for a judiciously improper use of punctuation AND lack of proper capitalization. Bonus points for a complete disregard of the subject of the thread too! However, points are deducted for what seems to be a modest attempt at the correct use of grammar. We'll emphasize the "modest" part and add a *wink, wink, nudge, nudge, know what I mean* for clarity's sake.

So here's to you randallflynns for your single-handedly running away with the prize all the while slaughtering the English language. As it says on the trophy "Your teh Bestest, dude!"
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • mmadden28
    mmadden28 Posts: 4,283
    edited December 2008
    reported lazyrabbit002

HT:Onkyo 805, Emotiva XPA-5, Mitsu 52" 1080p DLP / polkaudio RTi12, CSIa6, FXi3, uPro4K
    2-chnl : Pio DV-46AV (SACD), Dodd ELP, Emotiva XPA-1s, XPA-2, Odyssey Khartago, LSi9, SDA-SRS 2 :cool:, SB Duet, MSB & Monarchy DACs, Yamaha PX3 TT, SAE Tuner...
    Pool: Atrium 60's/45's
  • NJPOLKER
    edited December 2008
    I don't visit the car audio section often, do you guys have alot of posts like this? Just wondering.
  • Jstas
    edited December 2008
    I don't visit the car audio section often, do you guys have alot of posts like this? Just wondering.

Posts like what? Spammers or just chock full of dumb?

'Cause honestly, it's both.

• NJPOLKER
    edited December 2008
    The Spammers are what I was referring to.
  • Jstas
    edited December 2008
    The Spammers are what I was referring to.

Oh, yeah, recently it's gotten worse. Usually not so bad.