Rear speaker placement

Options
brentski
brentski Posts: 96
edited January 2003 in Speakers
I currently have my 2 rear spkrs(RT-35's) on 1' angled floor stands, about 4' each side of my seat. I plan on placing them on the walls but am in need of some guidance. MY room is 11.5' wide X 14.5' longX 8' high. I would be thankful for some guidance. Here are my choices;

1) I can hang them in the top corners(8' high) of the back wall,11.5' apart, facing forward (or 7' high and 8' apart on the back wall facing forward)

2) I can hang them on the side walls(11.5' apart), about 6" behind my seat, at the top of the walls(about 8' high) facing each other or

3) I can hang them on the side walls, about 2' in front of my seating, and about 7' high, facing each other. or

4)????

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
brentski
Center; CS-400i
Main's; RT-55's
Side Surround's-RT-35's
Rear center;CS-300
Sub; SVS PB12-NSD
Post edited by brentski on

Comments

• Frank Z
    Frank Z Posts: 5,860
    edited January 2003
    Options
  • dbournival
    dbournival Posts: 131
    edited January 2003
    Options
    I would prefer 1 or 2 for horizontal placement, but 3 for vertical. You really do not want to put them against the ceiling. So I would go for 3. Can you bring 1 or 2 down at all? Are you using only for HT or combo HT/Music?
  • brentski
    brentski Posts: 96
    edited January 2003
    Options
    Yes, I can bring #2 down about 6-8" so they wont be near the ceiling and can place them horizontally. They'd be directly to my sides about 7' off the ground facing each other. Would that be the best placement ? For horizontal placement, do I want to place the speakers so that the drivers or the tweeters are towards the front of the room? And yes, they'll be used fot HT only.
    Center; CS-400i
    Main's; RT-55's
    Side Surround's-RT-35's
    Rear center;CS-300
    Sub; SVS PB12-NSD
  • dbournival
    dbournival Posts: 131
    edited January 2003
    Options
    I'm sorry, I wasn't clear by "vertical" I mean height and "horizontal" I meant side to side placement along the wall. #2 is the best for H/T if they were not placed next to the ceiling 7' off the floor (to top of speaker) would be about perfect.

My rear speakers are like your #1, 7' off the floor about 12 feet apart. I use mine for music and H/T 80%/20% and I did not have the option for #2... if you have any other questions keep the thread going.