elemental design speakers

Aimen RG
Aimen RG Posts: 52
edited November 2008 in Car Audio & Electronics
how do u rate elemental design speakers? particularly eDi line.

http://www.edesignaudio.com/product_info.php?cPath=1_23_127&products_id=49

i searched hard for proper review, did not find one, but found mixed opinions about them.

are these better than MOMOs? MMs?
Pioneer DEH-1600
polkaudio db 650
polkaudio db 675
polkaudio momo 10"
KICKER zx650.4
Post edited by Aimen RG on

Comments

• Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    edited November 2008
    eD is not a good subject around here.

Personally I couldn't care less about how good or bad they are. I will do my best to not purchase an eD product on principle alone. I will not even give them the benefit of a test listen.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited November 2008
    Im with John on this one. Id stay away from ED.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • killerb
    killerb Posts: 390
    edited November 2008
    check diyma.com you can get some good info there. i never used them, but there are some people that may have there.
    kenwood excelon kdc-x991 h.u.
    Rockford Fosgate 360.3 DSP
    Rockford Fosgate POWER1000 running entire system
    Image Dynamics IDQ12 Sub
    Morel Elate 6 front stage
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited November 2008
    ED really is crap. Their owner is a piece of ****. Theres much better deals out there.
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • eloplayspolo
    eloplayspolo Posts: 1,117
    edited November 2008
    exalted512 wrote: »
    ED really is crap. Their owner is a piece of ****. Theres much better deals out there.
    -Cody

So, how do u really feel about them?
    2013 Toyota Prius
    Audible Physics 3 Way: H6MB, AR3-A, AR2.0
    Image Dynamics iDMax 12" D2v4
    (2) Alpine PDX-V9 Bridged, Alpine PDX-M12 (500w Mid-Bass, 200w Mid, 200w Tweet, 1200w Sub)
    Mosconi 6to8 v8
  • exalted512
    edited November 2008
    So, how do u really feel about them?

It wouldn't be appropriate to this forum...you got the toned down version...
    -Cody
  • Toxis
    Toxis Posts: 5,116
    edited November 2008
    some say they're really good. Others say they're no good. Regardless of how they sound, I have heard one good review of their customer service to every 10 bad ones. No thanks. Nothing eD will ever be in my car. I mean, how can you ever say "Hey guys, I got ED!" Just puts off the wrong impression.
    Never kick a fresh **** on a hot day.

Home Setup: Sony VPL-VW85 Projo, 92" Stewart Firehawk, Pioneer Elite SC-65, PS3, RTi12 fronts, CSi5, FXi6 rears, RTi6 surround backs, RTi4 height, MFW-15 Subwoofer.

Car Setup: OEM Radio, RF 360.2v2, Polk SR6500 quad amped off 4 Xtant 1.1 100w mono amps, Xtant 6.1 to run an eD 13av.2, all Stinger wiring and Raammat deadener.
  • Aimen RG
    Aimen RG Posts: 52
    edited November 2008
    i had no idea its such a sensitive issue here.
    i think i will stick with momo or alpine type r

thnk u
    Pioneer DEH-1600
    polkaudio db 650
    polkaudio db 675
    polkaudio momo 10"
    KICKER zx650.4
  • eloplayspolo
    eloplayspolo Posts: 1,117
    edited November 2008
    momo is a SQ sub type R is more SPL... at least thats what they sound like to me.
    2013 Toyota Prius
    Audible Physics 3 Way: H6MB, AR3-A, AR2.0
    Image Dynamics iDMax 12" D2v4
    (2) Alpine PDX-V9 Bridged, Alpine PDX-M12 (500w Mid-Bass, 200w Mid, 200w Tweet, 1200w Sub)
    Mosconi 6to8 v8
  • Toxis
    edited November 2008
    Type R has more output but wouldn't call them SPL. They can "beat" but they don't get SPL loud like true SPL woofers. I like how the Type R's sound in the right enclosure. They're not real tight but very smooth.

Home Setup: Sony VPL-VW85 Projo, 92" Stewart Firehawk, Pioneer Elite SC-65, PS3, RTi12 fronts, CSi5, FXi6 rears, RTi6 surround backs, RTi4 height, MFW-15 Subwoofer.

Car Setup: OEM Radio, RF 360.2v2, Polk SR6500 quad amped off 4 Xtant 1.1 100w mono amps, Xtant 6.1 to run an eD 13av.2, all Stinger wiring and Raammat deadener.
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    edited November 2008
    The reason for eD being disliked:

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14192

That thread was started by someone asking about eD's rip off of what seemed to be an old Phoenix Gold or PPI design. Questions were asked, discussion ensued and apparently somebody at eD's forums got wind. Then a pile of people came running over. Maybe 3 were pleasant and answered questions like adults. The rest decided to gang up and cause problems. This thread was the only one that survived in the H.O.S.

The real travesty in all of it was that the "owner/founder" of eD said he didn't support the actions of his forum participants here yet when you went and visited their forums, he was cheering them on, patting them on the back and talking about fighting the good fight or whatever it was. Those threads there are long since deleted. This thread here is 10 pages of posterity displaying the very best reason to not even consider an eD product of any kind.

But, because of the way they all acted, I will not give Elemental Designs any of my time. They are just a bunch of mouthy, punk kids in a garage playing speaker manufacturer.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • exalted512
    edited November 2008
    I'm not even going to mention all the copyright infringement suits they've had against them, or threatened to have against them.

I really do just hate eD. I cant believe they have survived while Adire and TC sounds, amongst others have broken up.
    -Cody
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,912
    edited November 2008
    ED = Paypal.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Toxis
    edited November 2008
    because in today's world, it's all about marketing and reaching your customers. eD has apparently done a better job than Adire. TC should've stuck around with all the OEMing they were doing...

• MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited November 2008
    LMAO! I just read thru all 14 pages of that gem for the first time in probably 4 years and I have come to one conclusion - damn I miss PoweredByDodge.

John is great at ripping people new **** with actual science and logic but nobody could just lay a brother out in a smack talking contest and nobody made me laugh my **** off more than Vinny!

A few worthy of recognition:
    since you're as full of **** as my large intestine after a double wendy's cheeseburger
    but here's one -- "BLOW ME" -- that one is from me though so you'll have to put a little foot note and a comment at the bottom of the report.
    I'm marginally psychotic, into disgustingly loud yet painstakingly precise quality music reproduction... and I'd not waste one second stomping your head in with my boot.
    Don't berate another company because they don't do exactly what one company does. Don't tell little billy he sucks at football cuz little johnny is a better ball player... maybe friggin johnny can't spell his name

My personal favorite:
    .... and your mom needs to shave.

Ahhhh. Good times........good times.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D