Speaker testing software?

Options
Face
Face Posts: 14,340
edited November 2008 in Speakers
Where could I find software to test speaker FR without spending a fortune?

One that aids in crossover design would be a plus.

TIA,
Mike
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
Post edited by Face on

Comments

• michaeljhsda2
    michaeljhsda2 Posts: 2,176
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Face wrote: »
    Where could I find software to test speaker FR without spending a fortune?

One that aids in crossover design would be a plus.

TIA,
    Mike

What about this software from Partsexpress. I never used it before but the majority of the reviews were favorable.
    http://www.parts-express.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?Partnumber=390-804

Mike
    SDA SRS 2.3TL's
    Silk Audio MS-90-BT integrated tube amp
    Yaqin MS-20L integrated tube amp
    SDA 2B TL's
  • Face
    edited November 2008
    Options
    I would need something for higher frequencies, thank you though.

Test tones and a radio shack SPL meter will only get me so far. :D
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • mmadden28
    mmadden28 Posts: 4,283
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Are you talking about something that directly connects to a speaker like the woofer tester at PE but full range? Or something that measures with a mic in the room like REW?

HT:Onkyo 805, Emotiva XPA-5, Mitsu 52" 1080p DLP / polkaudio RTi12, CSIa6, FXi3, uPro4K
    2-chnl : Pio DV-46AV (SACD), Dodd ELP, Emotiva XPA-1s, XPA-2, Odyssey Khartago, LSi9, SDA-SRS 2 :cool:, SB Duet, MSB & Monarchy DACs, Yamaha PX3 TT, SAE Tuner...
    Pool: Atrium 60's/45's
  • Face
    edited November 2008
    Options
    REW that goes full range.
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited November 2008
    Options
  • Face
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Perfect, thanks!
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited November 2008
    Options
    forgot about this freebie for xover design.Steep learn curve but very good. http://www.speakerworkshop.com/
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • melchionda
    melchionda Posts: 79
    Options
    I'm not sure if this is frowned upon but 15 years later I have the same question. I'm looking for recommendations for testing software and a calibrated microphone to test my speaker performance. I've built a few subwoofers as well as upgraded the crossovers in a pair of Warfedales and completely re-did a pair of Polk bookshelf speakers. I'd love to see how they measure in my livingroom. (Whether or not I can do anything to improve how they measure is another story- but you have to start somewhere right?) I don't have a PC laptop so it would have to be MacOS or iOS compatible. Any recommendations?
    Yamaha RX-A2080 HT Receiver in 5.4.4 configurationYamaha A-S2200 Integrated Amp Powering an extra set of Front SpeakersAudioLab 6000N Network Streamer Connected to Spotify and Amazon HD Music4 10" Subwoofers Powered By Dayton Audio 1200 DSP Amps4 In ceiling Atmos SpeakersSpeakers:Warfedale Diamond 9.1 (Front and Rear L+R)Polk Monitor 5 Jr+ (Front L+R)Martin Logan Motion SLM XL (Center Channel)Subwoofers 2x Dayton Audio RS270-8 10" Reference WooferSubwoofers 2x Dayton Audio RSS265HO-44 10" Reference Series HO DVC Subwoofer