Best bang for the buck head unit

2»

Comments

• CarSoundDude
    CarSoundDude Posts: 27
    edited January 2009
    Interesting to hear that some people think they are junk, as I was looking to get a Kenwood Excelon head unit to run my system(Specifically the DDX812). Since I will be fitting the unit into the double din slot in my G35, I was looking only at double din units. If the Kenwoods aren't the best, and since Nav isn't my priority, which double din head units compare to the 812 in quality ( keeping it under a grand)?
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    edited January 2009
    Interesting to hear that some people think they are junk, as I was looking to get a Kenwood Excelon head unit to run my system(Specifically the DDX812). Since I will be fitting the unit into the double din slot in my G35, I was looking only at double din units. If the Kenwoods aren't the best, and since Nav isn't my priority, which double din head units compare to the 812 in quality ( keeping it under a grand)?

What are you talking about? No one in this thread said the units were junk. Someone said they heard from someone else that it was junk but no one corroborated the statement. So instead of living in reality, you're gonna go with what one guy's questioning of a 3rd party opinion and ditch your idea to go with the Kenwood head unit and ask for recommendations on what is similar?

Wow.

You should lookup Dual. They are awesome! Best headunits on the market!
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • shawnberry45
    shawnberry45 Posts: 19
    edited January 2009
    the pioneer premier 880 is a awesome headunit... i had the alpine 9887 before this one and was not impressed at all....even wiht the imprint
  • CarSoundDude
    CarSoundDude Posts: 27
    edited January 2009
    First of all, I thought that posting questions and asking for car audio advice was about learning more and becoming more educated about it before making decisions. Even if someone(thumpin07) didn't claim themselves that they were "junk" only that they heard it, I am still interested in knowing more about why, what specifically they heard,...or even counter-arguments or findings. So, I am not just going with what one guy said, I am looking for more information and opinions, especially since that specific brand had been one that I was considering.

And, while I do appreciate the entertainment value of sarcasm, I would prefer serious, helpful advice instead.
  • TNRabbit
    TNRabbit Posts: 2,168
    edited January 2009
    I've always had EXCELLENT service from Kenwood Excelon units; clean sound & relatively bulletproof.
    TNRabbit
    NO Polk Audio Equipment :eek:
    Sunfire TG-IV
    Ashly 1001 Active Crossover
    Rane PEQ-15 Parametric Equalizers x 2
    Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature Seven
    Carver AL-III Speakers
    Klipsch RT-12d Subwoofer
  • Kinetic
    Kinetic Posts: 437
    edited January 2009
    Z
    /////Alpine CDA-9887 HU
    /////Alpine KTX-1000EQ
    /////Alpine PDX-4.150
    /////Alpine PDX-1.1000
    Polk Audio SR 6500
    Polk Audio SR 124 DVC
    KnuKonceptz MKS Kable

G35
    /////Alpine CDA-9887 HU
    /////Alpine KTX-1000EQ
    /////Alpine PDX-4.150
    /////Alpine PDX-1.1000
    /////Alpine SPX 17PRO
    /////Alpine SWX 1243D
    KnuKonceptz MKS Kable
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    edited January 2009
    ... especially since that specific brand had been one that I was considering.

So being as your statement there is clearly past tense, does that mean that you are no longer considering Kenwood due to statements made indirectly by a 3rd party?

'Cause that what it seems to me and I think that is shooting yourself in the foot to spite your face. Makes about as much sense to me too.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • cadenceclipse
    cadenceclipse Posts: 459
    edited January 2009
    eclipse i like, pioneers suk!
    Polk MM6501 kick panels, Eclipse cd7200mkll and SW9122 Bomb Box, Cadence A4, A7, CAP5, JL8W3V3