blown speaker

YZFR1RACER37
YZFR1RACER37 Posts: 12
edited January 2003 in Speakers
i blow my bose 601 series 2 speaker today,i want to replace all the cones.what should i do,bose cones or aftermarket.and where do i get them.thank you for any help.here is a pic of my baby
Post edited by YZFR1RACER37 on

Comments

• scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited January 2003
    Nice baby!!!!!!! I love my Kat. Looking to upgrade soon.
  • scottvamp
    edited January 2003
    Oh, here is a pic of my Kat. Arizona - perfect weather 9 months out of the year.
  • goingganzo
    goingganzo Posts: 2,793
    edited January 2003
    i would lover to get a bike but i live in michigan. the roads suck and so do the weather. it can change from sun to snow to rain and back to snow in 5 min here. but if i did get a mike i would get a non crotch rocket. i would proabley get a low rider with a big front fork. but the lny truble is i cwould have no place to put my 12's lol
  • wlrandall
    wlrandall Posts: 440
    edited January 2003
    Speakers?? Forget the speakers, I wanna hear about the bikes!

Nice rides, ya'll.

Wally
  • scottvamp
    edited January 2003
    Hey a man can't live on HomeTheater alone.
    0 - 100mph in about 6.5 seconds. Now that is how I get home from work. Maybe oneday tade the Kat on The Hayabusa 1300
    Top speed - 200+
    0-100mph - Need a better stop watch
    Insurance $ - you don't want to know
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited January 2003
    Nice to know we have some organ-donors on the forum.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • scottvamp
    edited January 2003
    Gets crazy sometimes. My cousin from CA spent the weekend awhile back with his Honda 929. We were doing 170mph on the freeway for about a 5 mile run. I was topped out but the 929 wasn't. Freaking rush though. Don't get me wrong - I live right out side a mountain park - great way to see the scenery. Got spring break coming soon and that is a whole different type of scenery. I live 1 hour from Lake Havasu.:D
  • jmasterj
    jmasterj Posts: 327
    edited January 2003
    I Hear You RuSsMan!

Now I'm seeing two items that make me wonder about YZFRIRACER37 The bike, and the Bose. Now He's asked members of the POLK speaker forum should he replace his blown drivers? Sounds like a cry for help to me. Yes you should replace the blown drivers with some Polk speakers. This is a wonderful opportunity to come to the next level. Invest in some RTi 150's or
    even better some LSi15's you'll never go back to Bose. We're here to help.
    JmasterJ Polk to the Death
  • dark horror
    dark horror Posts: 33
    edited January 2003
    Don't replace the cones get rid of the bose speakers all together.

Just get a polk LSi series speaker. You will be glad you did.
  • kberg
    kberg Posts: 974
    edited January 2003
    How do you guys get such wonderful toys?! :)
    Mains: polkaudio RTi70's (bi-wired)
    Center: polkaudio CSi40 (bi-wired)
    Surrounds: polkaudio FXi30's
    Rear Center: polkaudio CSi30
    Sub: SVS 20-39 PC+
    Receiver: ONKYO TX-SR600
    Display: JVC HD-56G786
    DVD Player: SONY DVP-CX985V
    DVD Player: OPPO DV-981HD 1080p High Definition Up-Converting Universal DVD Player with HDMI
    Remote: Logitech Harmony H688
  • scottvamp
    edited January 2003
    We do for the women!!!!!!!!!!
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited January 2003
    Seen plenty of MC crashes, one right in front of me. Guy snapped his back by flipping up onto a car that pulled out infront of him. Not his fault at all, but damn, you'd never, ever see me on a MC here in CA. Way too many clueless drivers.

I heard awhile back that the average life span of a first time MC rider was 90 days. Too much power, not enough experience.

Nice looking bikes though.

Peace Out~:D
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • YZFR1RACER37
    YZFR1RACER37 Posts: 12
    edited January 2003
    ya i think your right,dump the bose,i have a set of RT55i that puts it all over those bose. i'm upgrading my receiver which one is built better.denon 1803. or onkyo tx-sr600.just can't make my mind up.