surrond speakers and center channel

Options
glemay
glemay Posts: 574
edited January 2003 in Speakers
Hi, i have 2 rti70s, i am looking at gettin a center channel and 2 rear surrond speakers? for the surrounds which is better the rti38 or fxi30. They are both the same price, just cant decide.

For a center would i be able to just run a csi30 or am i better off with the csi40?

thanks.
Main System:
Denon AVR-2805, Polk Audio RTi70's, Polk Audio CSi40, Polk Audio FXi50, Paradigm PW-2200 v.2, Toshiba 42XV545U HDTV

Second System:
Denon AVR-1705, Polk Audio R40, Polk Audio CS245i, Polk Audio R15, Paradigm PS-1200a
Post edited by glemay on

Comments

• goingganzo
    goingganzo Posts: 2,793
    edited January 2003
    Options
    for pure ht the 30 are beter butif you ar dvd a and sacd they are not as good. i have the cs400i and it is a beast love it to death if you have th cash go with the csi40. and if you have a little extra cash look at the fxi50 they have the same driver and tweet as your 70's
  • dbournival
    dbournival Posts: 131
    edited January 2003
    Options
    For the center I would go for the Csi40, listen to the two side by side. At lower volumes you will not hear a difference, at higher the 40 will be much better. It also depends of room size, as you don't need as much volume with a smaller room. For the rears I went through the same question (with last years models) I ended up with the Rt35i as I had to put them on the rear wall and they sounded better (to my ears) for music.