online co. pricing Lsi-fx any good

Options
dave shepard
dave shepard Posts: 1,334
edited January 2003 in Speakers
I was looking at different online co.'s and came across sound distributors web page and see there selling the LSI-FX's at $599 a pair, this seemed really low for them, and was wondering if anybody has bought from them or are there better deals elsewhere. Just wondering.

Dave
Post edited by dave shepard on

Comments

• polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited January 2003
    Options
    Dave,
    bought a pair from them several months ago. I believe it was at $630 when I bought them. Everywhere else is about the same, that is comparable.
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • xfontanax
    xfontanax Posts: 82
    edited January 2003
    Options
    I bought my LSIFX from them, and it came perfect, with original serial#s. This speaker blends in very nicely with the other LSIs. It wasn't double boxed, but it came in flawless, considering it had to travel across the pacific ocean.
  • faster100
    faster100 Posts: 6,124
    edited January 2003
    Options
    I bought from acoutic sound design and they change the serial numbers to a generic white label so i may not buy from them again, I also have the sound distibuters link and they also sell on e-bay, both online stores do. Also No online retailer can be a auth. polk dealer so i would really be interested to know how they sell speakers with the original sereal numbers on them.. to the above poster who said they came with original serial numbers. so they were the black labels that say polk not white labels with a generic number??
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • polkatese
    edited January 2003
    Options
    faster100,
    are you sure that the original S/N from Polk is black? what does it look like? mine is white, but I don't believe it was done by the dealer, it looks legit from the factory. Anybody bought LSi from Crutchfield that can confirm the S/N sticker look?
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • botany
    botany Posts: 68
    edited January 2003
    Options
    Hello, I have a set of FXi30's and a set of Fxi50's from Crutchfield and they are black and white with a bar code on them and the PolkAudio name on them.
    I too were looking at buying from acoutic sound design and sound distributors (they are the same company I think).
    I e-mailed them and they told me that the serial numbers from Polk speakers are removed and they put theirs on. Thats is why they can sell them lower then anyother place. They are backed by the full Polk warrenty though them only. The thing is that you must mail back the speaker to them to get them fixed, and you most go though them if any thing is wrong during that five year time line. Polk will not help you if they quit working.
    I bought my speakers though Crutchfield for my piece of mind. I may have spent more doing so but I know I can call or email Polk and get thing done right if anything should go wrong.

Just my 2 cents.

Botany
  • Jimmie
    Jimmie Posts: 103
    edited January 2003
    Options
    I bought my LSI's from SD and they have the white serial numbers. If you look at the warranty information at SD's website they offer the same warranty that Polk offers. They have to have a way of identifying the speakers they sell with the purchaser and I suspect that is why they do this. I have the lsi15's,center.and fx's and they have performed flawlessly. They arrived very quickly and were in perfect condition. I have no complaints whatsoever. If you get these remember they have a breakin of about 100 hours. Mine seem to be getting better and better. They sounded a little forward with some harshness at first but now they have mellowed out . I am very satisfied with these speakers. It is very difficult to find anyone that owns these lsi's that has anything negative to say about them. Good luck.

Jimmie
  • faster100
    faster100 Posts: 6,124
    edited January 2003
    Options
    Yes the serial number sticker is black with the bar code and polk logo as mentioned above.. all my polks from Circuit city is like this. The ones on my rti28's are white and say rti28xxx X being some number they made up and both speaks have the same number unlike polks, Polks have a number in series from the other ie: 1252, 1253 or what ever.. I didn't care with the small speakers i got but i wouldn't drop 1200 on lsi's without the polk warranty..
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • polkatese
    edited January 2003
    Options
    thanks all for the explanations....
  • xfontanax
    xfontanax Posts: 82
    edited January 2003
    Options
    " to the above poster who said they came with original serial numbers. so they were the black labels that say polk not white labels with a generic number??"

The ones from SD have the same ser#/barcode type sticker as the ones I had shipped directly from polk.
  • goingganzo
    goingganzo Posts: 2,793
    edited January 2003
    Options
    i got my fx 500i on line when cc told me to come back with a real price. when i brought them a price that i got a set at abc warehouse for 350. the sales guy was so rude. so that is y i never shop cc any more. but i do go in there to make the sales people know how little they know.