Db 3000 & DB 6510 - few questions

michone
michone Posts: 3
edited October 2008 in Car Audio & Electronics
At the begining I want to apologise for my english :). Im writing from Poland :). Few days ago I bought the separate system.

-Tweeter DB 3000
-midwoofer DB 6510
-x-over (what kind??)

I payed for this speaker something about 100 dollar's. My quastion :

1. what does you think about this speakers??
2. what ist the power(RMS) of this componnents??
3. I have a audison srx 2 amplifier (2x65rms at 4 ohm), but i think to connect olso sony xm-3520 at the bi-amping. Connect db 6510 to Audioson and x-over + db3000 to xm-3020.
4. does you have a manual of this speaker?? (frequency, power, graph, spl, etc.)
Post edited by michone on

Comments

• Thom
    Thom Posts: 723
    edited October 2008
    Wow, I think that's the original db line. You could search around for info, but I'll see if I can find something.
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    edited October 2008
    michone wrote: »
    At the begining I want to apologise for my english :). Im writing from Poland :). Few days ago I bought the separate system.

-Tweeter DB 3000
    -midwoofer DB 6510
    -x-over (what kind??)

I payed for this speaker something about 100 dollar's. My quastion :

1. what does you think about this speakers??
    2. what ist the power(RMS) of this componnents??
    3. I have a audison srx 2 amplifier (2x65rms at 4 ohm), but i think to connect olso sony xm-3520 at the bi-amping. Connect db 6510 to Audioson and x-over + db3000 to xm-3020.
    4. does you have a manual of this speaker?? (frequency, power, graph, spl, etc.)

Cool!

I have the same components. They are quite old but they are honestly my favorites!

To answer your questions:

1.) Those speakers were some of the best components on the market at the time. They are over 10 years old now. But the old dB series is still a great speaker at the bargain prices you can get them for used today.

2.) They should handle about 100 watts RMS and I wouldn't power them with less than 60 watts RMS. They don't have a very high sensitivity rating so they need some power to be able to reach higher volumes.

3.) I would not bi-amp them. The crossover they came with is excellent. If you bi-amp them, they may not present a 4 ohm load and they will not match the tweeters with the woofers well. I would not use the Sony amp all. The Audison should be plenty of good clean power for them. I would wire them up to the crossover and power them with the 2 channel amp. It has plenty of power for them to play well.

4.) I have a manual at home somewhere. If I get some time, I will scan it for you and post it here. If you want though, you can use the this manual:

http://www.polkaudio.com/downloads/manuals/car/dXCompSystemsManual.pdf

found on this page: http://www.polkaudio.com/caraudio/products/dx3065/

Thee DX series replaced the dB series but had many of the same characteristics and similar power handling and sonic properties. The manual with them should work. I have the actual dB manuals at home though so if you want that, I will scan the pages of mine and put them up on a zip file for you to be able to download to your computer.

Hope that helps! Congrats on the purchase! It's my opinion that the dB series is one of the crown jewels of the Polk Audio past being beaten only by the new SR Series. If everything is working just fine with those speakers, I'm sure you will enjoy them as much as I enjoy mine!
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • Jstas
    edited October 2008
    Thom wrote: »
    Wow, I think that's the original db line. You could search around for info, but I'll see if I can find something.

You post too fast.:p

• Thom
    edited October 2008
    Kim in customer service had this scanned from long ago. I think we started selling that db line around '95, and it was done before I started here in late '99.
  • Thom
    edited October 2008
    You post too fast too...
  • michone
    edited October 2008
    Thanks for all :)

So, I'll conect this system to audison :). I have also JL audio 12w3-d2 (35 liter closed) connected to Carpower hpb-1002 (300rms at 4 ohm). My radio is JVC kd-sh77r.

I know that it is only low budget audio, but I think that for my second car audio is quite good:).

Jstas, please send me a oryginal manual, of course if you have a free time :)
  • Jstas
    edited October 2008
    Thanks for all :)

So, I'll conect this system to audison :). I have also JL audio 12w3-d2 (35 liter closed) connected to Carpower hpb-1002 (300rms at 4 ohm). My radio is JVC kd-sh77r.

I know that it is only low budget audio, but I think that for my second car audio is quite good:).

Jstas, please send me a oryginal manual, of course if you have a free time :)

The JL should be just fine. I've never heard of Carpower though, must be a European brand. But you're not doing so bad there. That's a nice list of equipment and I think you are going to impress yourself when it's all done!

I will get you the manual as soon as I can because the crossovers are adjustable and the directions on how to adjust them are spelled out in there. It's worth it because it does make a difference.

• michone
    edited October 2008
    If you want read something about monacor, here you are http://www.monacor.de/typo3/index.php?id=23&L=1 :)

As you know prices in Poland are higher than U.S.A. :) For example ROCKFORD PUNCH 200.4 price ist ~150$ :/.

I thought that MTX amplifier is a good idea. But in Poland ist not available.

Thank for all! :)
  • Jstas
    edited October 2008
    If you want read something about monacor, here you are http://www.monacor.de/typo3/index.php?id=23&L=1 :)

As you know prices in Poland are higher than U.S.A. :) For example ROCKFORD PUNCH 200.4 price ist ~150$ :/.

I thought that MTX amplifier is a good idea. But in Poland ist not available.

Thank for all! :)

From what I could find on that Carpower amp you have, the MTX is very similar in specifications. I wouldn't even worry about it. Especially since you are using it for a subwoofer amp. As long as it's putting out good, clean power, you should be good.