Zaino

VR3
VR3 Posts: 28,527
edited November 2008 in Car Audio & Electronics
So - after reading about Zaino for years and all the praise...

And my amazing failure rate with generic products and their ineffective use...

I took the Zaino challenge -- my truck has many swirl marks and just a look that screams 4 years of neglect that I have spent the past year trying to reverse... and I just never got there...

Sometimes spending days, weeks waxing, buffing, polishing, cleaning, repeat, repeat - the results were ok, but black paint in this climate is just a pain...

So after a year of buffing with lackluster results. I gave up, I hated cleaning my beauty of a truck.

So I broke down and bought Zaino --

I bought the polish, paint cleaner/swirl remover, and glass polish

Not only did this stuff work - but it did what I could not acheive with regular carnuba wax in a year in just 8 hours...

Thats right, 8 hours -- and that includes applying the cleaner/swirl remover...

The finish I have on my truck now is just amazing... and I have only applied one coat of the polish... Im stoked

The glass cleaner is amazing as well - crystal clear!!

I have never used a car cleaning product so easy to put on, remove, and use -- just everything about it makes it perfect.

I will no longer buy cleaner off the shelf unless its for like all purpose cleaning or interior detailing...
- Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
Post edited by VR3 on

Comments

• Toxis
    Toxis Posts: 5,116
    edited October 2008
    this thread is worthless without pics. :)
    Never kick a fresh **** on a hot day.

Home Setup: Sony VPL-VW85 Projo, 92" Stewart Firehawk, Pioneer Elite SC-65, PS3, RTi12 fronts, CSi5, FXi6 rears, RTi6 surround backs, RTi4 height, MFW-15 Subwoofer.

Car Setup: OEM Radio, RF 360.2v2, Polk SR6500 quad amped off 4 Xtant 1.1 100w mono amps, Xtant 6.1 to run an eD 13av.2, all Stinger wiring and Raammat deadener.
  • VR3
    edited October 2008
    Ill post more pics next time I wash and apply the second coat...

Working as much as I do - I am having to do things in steps... like...

So far Ive done everything except the weather stripping... go figure... lol
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • mmadden28
    mmadden28 Posts: 4,283
    edited October 2008
    I don't know why, but I just read your post as if the guy from the OxyClean commercials was saying it.
    ;):D:p

Seriously though, I'll have to check it out. :cool:

HT:Onkyo 805, Emotiva XPA-5, Mitsu 52" 1080p DLP / polkaudio RTi12, CSIa6, FXi3, uPro4K
    2-chnl : Pio DV-46AV (SACD), Dodd ELP, Emotiva XPA-1s, XPA-2, Odyssey Khartago, LSi9, SDA-SRS 2 :cool:, SB Duet, MSB & Monarchy DACs, Yamaha PX3 TT, SAE Tuner...
    Pool: Atrium 60's/45's
  • killerb
    killerb Posts: 390
    edited October 2008
    i LOVE that stuff!!!! i used it on my Grandnational for years with great results. it had that black paint shining!
    kenwood excelon kdc-x991 h.u.
    Rockford Fosgate 360.3 DSP
    Rockford Fosgate POWER1000 running entire system
    Image Dynamics IDQ12 Sub
    Morel Elate 6 front stage
  • VR3
    edited October 2008
    Here are some pics I took on the day of this thread --
  • BIZILL
    BIZILL Posts: 5,432
    edited October 2008
    sid the kid, while i'm happy the zaino worked for you and all, really, have you tried ever using a ROTARY buffer? not a dual action or orbital piece of shitt. i mean a manly man's rotary buffer... it'll get the job done. and being you're handy with power tools, i'm sure you won't be stupid enough to burn through the paint.

anyway, if you say the zaino works for ya, i suppose no need...

this is coming from a black truck owner out in the nasty desert with the hardest of hard water to wash the truck in.

POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5
    MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)

XBOX 360
    WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • VR3
    edited October 2008
    I have used a pretty high speed buffer --

And with carnuba wax it just seems ineffective...

Zaino -- with absolutely zero pressure or effort...

Just back and forth until it becomes almost nonexistent - walk away for 30 minutes, wipe off... you're done...

And with this, just by hand - no tools on that wash and its definitely my best looking wash
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,725
    edited October 2008
    Zaino is the ****, there is none better. That is all...
  • VR3
    edited October 2008
    I can believe it...

Everything I have used so far is the easiest and best looking product Ive ever used - period.
  • VR3
    edited November 2008
    Alright - this is the 2nd coat of Zaino, half the time (3-4 hours) thats windows, bed cover, plastic, paint, everything...
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited November 2008
    Great looking truck.

Aside from the hideous steering wheel cover.
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • VR3
    edited November 2008
    Haha, thanks ---

I only got the cover because my other truck had it and I like the way it feels and the grip...
  • Serendipity
    Serendipity Posts: 6,975
    edited November 2008
    Looks great!

I noticed the K&N intake, did you notice a difference after installing it?
    polkaudio RT35 Bookshelves
    polkaudio 255c-RT Inwalls
    polkaudio DSWPro550WI
    polkaudio XRT12 XM Tuner
    polkaudio RM6750 5.1

Front projection, 2 channel, car audio... life is good!
  • VR3
    edited November 2008
    I installed the intake after a month of getting the truck...

Acceleration, gas mileage, everything is 100% better. Shifts better - it just drives better. It really lagged before with the stock intake.
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,624
    edited November 2008
    You got a new truck and there wasn't a forum wide discussion about it? I remember you talking about getting one in 09, but when did you get an F150? I thought you were still driving that red/white one...........
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited November 2008
    brettw22 wrote: »
    You got a new truck and there wasn't a forum wide discussion about it? I remember you talking about getting one in 09, but when did you get an F150? I thought you were still driving that red/white one...........

You mean this 3 page thread in the CH?
    http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56870
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,624
    edited November 2008
    Wow.......13 months ago.........sad......though now i do seem to remember reading the Fast and Furious reference to my driving style.......lol...

I drove one as a rental for a week and it was a nice truck......though if I was to get a truck I'd get a 4 door because I don't like seatbelts coming over my shoulder because they are built into the seat.
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • VR3
    edited November 2008
    The crew cab is nice -- particularly on the 09 F150.

When I was walking around the dealership I had a chance to look at the 2009 and I gotta say I am not to fond of the new style...

The "cuts" in the fenders are just odd and out of place

Otherwise I like alot of the new features but still digging my truck 100% - been a great ride