Newegg sells polk now?

nadams
nadams Posts: 5,877
edited October 2008 in Car Audio & Electronics
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882290085

They also are selling home audio products... Dunno if they're authorized or just picking up old stock.
Ludicrous gibs!
Post edited by nadams on

Comments

• audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited October 2008
    Wow, that's really interesting. And they have a LOT of Polk stuff!

But it all appears to me new stuff.
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • Airplay355
    Airplay355 Posts: 4,298
    edited October 2008
    $29.99? Wow! They have the new MM comps so it couldn't be old stock already could it>?
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 5,118
    edited October 2008
    Newegg is a pretty serious outfit. I would not expect them to be into shady deals. A totally trustworthy source IMHO.
    Alea jacta est!
  • nadams
    edited October 2008
    I know they're a serious outfit.... I buy all my computer components from them. What made me start poking around is that they had the midock portfolio on sale in their email newsletter. So, I started looking at what they have from Polk and was surprised!
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • nadams
    edited October 2008
    Just looked at the Polk Authorized online dealer list on this website and sure enough... there's Newegg.com. Wonder how they're selling those subs for $30??? If I had a need for some 8" DVC subs I'd be all over it....
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • nadams
    edited October 2008
    Oh, and every Polk product listed has free shipping... even the big home subs and Monitor 60's! Save ya a bit of money there... I'm guessing that it's just promotional, though. It doesn't look like they've been a dealer for very long.
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,160
    edited October 2008
    New Egg is a fantastic internet company. I've bought several things from them and they have quick shipping and no hassle returns. Highly recommended.
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!