New 2 The Game :tryin To Build A Home Theatre Ill Enjoy:

Options
BIGECASTILLO
BIGECASTILLO Posts: 38
edited January 2003 in Speakers
alright here it goes i enjoy reading your views i just bought a mit 65 hdtv widescreen,15" velodyne sub cht ,aa12 mtx"s for rears ,onkyo txsr800 7.1 rec,and a csi40 center not to say im really impressed with the center . I have advent as2's for fronts keep in mind i come from a kenwood theatre in a box to this but my question is i wanna upgrade to fronts POLK AUDIO
RTi70 and
POLK AUDIO
F/Xi30
for surrounds do you think this will be a good mix elimaniting the as2s also i dont even no what bi-wiring is input appreciated thanks ERIC
TV WS 65809 MITSUBISHI HDTV REC ONKYO TX-SR800 DVD SR-5700 TOSHIBHA MAIN RTi70s CENTER CSi40 REAR FXi50s BACK REAR FXi30s SUB VELODYNE CHT15
Post edited by BIGECASTILLO on

Comments

• danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited January 2003
    Options
    well, i have a friend who has Klipsch fronts with a Polk CS400i, and the Klipsch's are more sensitive than the polk center. so he keeps blowing the tweeter in it. It's not to say the polk center isn't a good speaker. it is. I have one in my HT.

what i'm getting at. is the mixing speakers from different manufactuers is going to cause you problems with imaging, clarity, and depth. I would match your three fronts to all one brand.. polk is real good. the imaging will be better. It was for me.. when I got all Polks.

mains are rt1000i bi wired,
    center cs400i biwired,
    sub psw 350
    rear fx/300i
    Marantz sr5000 rec
    Marantz MA500 mono block amps

it all works and sounds decent.

btw.. kickass system you have.. with the 65" hdtv, velo sub, Onkyo.. step up the center and you'll be happier.

good luck
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin: