Minimum Power Requirements for Subs?

2»

Comments

• kberg
    kberg Posts: 974
    edited March 2003
    Doc,

Thanks for the testing/re-verification on your end. It'll be quite a while before being able to save the cash for the sub, however. There were a bunch of company layoffs yesterday, and after 7 years with the company, I was one of them.
    Mains: polkaudio RTi70's (bi-wired)
    Center: polkaudio CSi40 (bi-wired)
    Surrounds: polkaudio FXi30's
    Rear Center: polkaudio CSi30
    Sub: SVS 20-39 PC+
    Receiver: ONKYO TX-SR600
    Display: JVC HD-56G786
    DVD Player: SONY DVP-CX985V
    DVD Player: OPPO DV-981HD 1080p High Definition Up-Converting Universal DVD Player with HDMI
    Remote: Logitech Harmony H688
  • Dr. Spec
    Dr. Spec Posts: 3,780
    edited March 2003
    Originally posted by kberg
    Doc,

Thanks for the testing/re-verification on your end. It'll be quite a while before being able to save the cash for the sub, however. There were a bunch of company layoffs yesterday, and after 7 years with the company, I was one of them.

Kevin - wow.......words cannot express. I'm truly sorry. My sincere hopes you find work ASAP.

Ed
    "What we do in life echoes in eternity"

Ed Mullen (emullen@svsound.com)
    Director - Technology and Customer Service
    SVS
  • Dr. Spec
    Dr. Spec Posts: 3,780
    edited March 2003
    Originally posted by goingganzo
    do you know the fr of each sene? aka the ring is that a more of sub sonic. also is these volumes for testing or do you normaly get bass this loud?

No Bryan, I don't. I do know some of them. The reverse sweep is 50 Hz. The ring drop is centered around 22 Hz and extends sub sonic to 15 or so. Much of the really deep and strong stuff on LOTR is squarely in the mid-20's.
    "What we do in life echoes in eternity"

Ed Mullen (emullen@svsound.com)
    Director - Technology and Customer Service
    SVS
  • kberg
    kberg Posts: 974
    edited March 2003
    Originally posted by Dr. Spec

Kevin - wow.......words cannot express. I'm truly sorry. My sincere hopes you find work ASAP.

Ed

Thanks Ed. Maybe I'll start a Dr. Smith "Oh the pain, the pain of it all" thread in the off topic section. In the meantime, I'll try to maintain my humor by letting people know I'll run frequency sweeps for food. :rolleyes:
    Mains: polkaudio RTi70's (bi-wired)
    Center: polkaudio CSi40 (bi-wired)
    Surrounds: polkaudio FXi30's
    Rear Center: polkaudio CSi30
    Sub: SVS 20-39 PC+
    Receiver: ONKYO TX-SR600
    Display: JVC HD-56G786
    DVD Player: SONY DVP-CX985V
    DVD Player: OPPO DV-981HD 1080p High Definition Up-Converting Universal DVD Player with HDMI
    Remote: Logitech Harmony H688