I figured out a solution

ilikesound
ilikesound Posts: 355
edited September 2008 in Car Audio & Electronics
to my no-midrange-having ride! I need a deck with time-alignment, and a parametric EQ! I don't know why i didn't think of it before, possibly because i'm stuck on Alpine brand cause Alpine's stuck on me, and I was thinking I needed an outboard EQ for some reason. I've been doing some research on different H/U's that meet my requirements, and interestingly enough I have a JVC deck in mind. (PLEASE don't kill me for saying this..) I was wondering what some thoughts on SQ would be on the JVC KD-SH1000 were. Do you guys think it will be a step down from an alpine cda-9887? It has Time Correction, AND a parametric eq WITH Q ADJUSTMENT! It's damn near perfect, if only it had an ipod hook up cable, i'd be buying it tomorrow.
Thanks for input!
At Home:
Panasonic 42'' TC-L42U12 LCD
Pioneer VSX-80TXV
Toshiba HD-XA2
Sony PS3 - psn "metalguitars"
Xbox 360 - gamertag "giggidygiggidy"
Panamax 4300EX
Polk RTi8's
Polk CSi3's
Polk FXi3's. (x2)
Martin Logan Dynamo (x2)
Audioquest interconnects and wires.

Away From Home:
JVC HDR-50
stock system in new car for now:(
Post edited by ilikesound on

Comments

• MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited September 2008
    Nothing wrong with JVC but that piece is a little limited. The EQ is only 3 bands and I couldnt find much on the TA.

I would suggest that you keep looking. Youre gonna want something with at least 5 bands parametric and time alignment in .1ms increments at least.

Check out Pioneer if youre not interested in Alpine. They have some pretty solid pieces.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • ilikesound
    edited September 2008
    Mac- do you know much about the Pioneer Premier hu's that are out?
    Anyone have any experience with the DEH-p980BT?
    I was also wondering about some kind of 2din flip up dvd player hu. i find that they are easier to navigate than the tiny buttons.
    At Home:
    Pioneer VSX-80TXV
    Toshiba HD-XA2
    Panamax 4300EX
    Polk RTi8's
    Polk CSi3's
    Polk FXi3's. (x2)
    Martin Logan Dynamo (x2)

Away From Home:
    JVC HDR-50
    stock system in new car for now:(
  • arun1963
    arun1963 Posts: 1,797
    edited September 2008
    Look at the pioneer deh-p800prs. It has both TA and a 16 band EQ. Clean sound. I bought mine a week back and its very good.
  • tk421
    tk421 Posts: 156
    edited September 2008
    i think i came in late here.. but u do NOT want midrange?

and the 9887 does have a parametric EQ.. and TA. but the EQ is a big limited IMHO.
  • ilikesound
    edited September 2008
    nono, i very much DO want my midrange. I just haven't been able to dial any in as of yet. that's why i wanted a h/u with some kind of parametric eq, so i could "add" my own frequencies in there. i also wanted to subtract a little of the 6k region, as the sibilance is overpowering at times. i just don't know what to get, i haven't had a lot of time to research different units what with school, work, and a woman holding me back from shopping. if someone could point to a model that would be beneficial, i'd really appreciate it. I do have my eye on the DEH models from Pioneer at this point in time.'

my friend JUST picked up the 9886 and i have to say im really dissapointed. you have to buy the extra module that opens up a lot of the other really useful features! so, all you get is the basic "bass" "treble" and "subwoofer" options, nothing really to tweak out. i think the newer alpines are a complete waste of cash, if you ask me. i do like their sound, but just think that there's a better deal out there somewhere.
    At Home:
    Pioneer VSX-80TXV
    Toshiba HD-XA2
    Panamax 4300EX
    Polk RTi8's
    Polk CSi3's
    Polk FXi3's. (x2)
    Martin Logan Dynamo (x2)