Made me cry

Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited October 2001 in Car Audio & Electronics
Sniff sniff. I recently gave my stereo a make over, replacing kenwood amps with Mtx, and purchased a new mm120 (brand new, still in the shipping box, from a freind) and various other components. My installer wasn't (unknown to me) familiar with the mtx 81000d mono block amp, he bridged it to my momo, putting somewhere around 1300 watts to it. The poor little fella lasted about 2 hours before welding itself together. The cone no longer moves. By the time I noticed the smell it was to late. I'm posting this as a warning to those out there with this amp it is a beast be carefull! and make sure your installer isnt an idiot. Sniff Sniff :(
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited October 2001
    I also have an MTX1000d and I am in the process of getting two mm120's replaced. It was the same deal with me too, the melting together and not even being able to move anymore. Except I installed them fine, just turned them up a little too loud a little too early. It was just way too easy to blow them in my opinion considering how much power they could handle. ****, I feel your pain.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing