Hooking Front speakers to Subwoofer

Options
Sumflow
Sumflow Posts: 64
When you hook your front speakers to a 150watt powered subwoofer, does that mean you only have 50 watts per speaker?
"At the first bend, I had the clear sensation that Tazio had taken it badly and that we would end up in the ditch; I felt myself stiffen as I waited for the crunch. Instead, we found ourselves on the next straight with the car in a perfect position. I looked at him, his rugged face was calm, just as it always was, and certainly not the face of someone who had just escaped a hair-raising spin. I had the same sensation at the second bend. By the fourth or fifth bend I began to understand; in the meantime, I had noticed that through the entire bend Tazio did not lift his foot from the accelerator, and that, in fact, it was flat on the floor. As bend followed bend, I discovered his secret. Nuvolari entered the bend somewhat earlier than my driver's instinct would have told me to. But he went into the bend in an unusual way: with one movement he aimed the nose of the car at the inside edge, just where the curve itself started. His foot was flat down, and he had obviously changed down to the right gear before going through this fearsome rigmarole. In this way he put the car into a four-wheel drift, making the most of the thrust of the centrifugal force and keeping it on the road with the traction of the driving wheels. Throughout the bend the car shaved the inside edge, and when the bend turned into the straight the car was in the normal position for accelerating down it, with no need for any corrections."

Enzo Ferrari
Post edited by Sumflow on

Comments

• burdette
    burdette Posts: 1,194
    edited January 2003
    Options
    No, it doesn't. If you use a powered subwoofer, its built-in amp powers the subwoofer driver. The receiver/amp's channels would power the two mains.
  • scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited January 2003
    Options
    When you hook your front speakers to a 150watt powered subwoofer, does that mean you only have 50 watts per speaker?
    I thought you were holding back on some major A/V knowledge - getting on here to take some sarcasm to Polk. But I quess I was wrong........Pricelesssssss:lol: